Saturday, April 19, 2008

Lovely....

Shawn is out on a bike ride with the kids. Ethan needed an upgrade on his bike since he got his original at the age of 3. We kind of buy them big knowing they will use them for awhile. He found one he loved and we made the purchase this afternoon. Shawn and him agonized over 2 for an hour. Anyone that knows Shawn understands that he is very particular when it comes to quality of an object. Bike shopping is no different for him. I was very proud of him when he allowed Ethan to actually purchase the one he really wanted. Shawn did his darnedest to convince him he wanted the one deemed better quality, but in the end he let Ethan make the decision himself. When we got home Shawn said, "Man, these kids have some serious willpower. I'm exhausted. Are they going to bed soon?" I bust out in hysterical laughter. First of all, it was 4 o'clock when he said this. He hasn't even been around them for 12 hours yet and he's exhausted. While I was laughing he started bowing down to me and my ability to have done this 24/7 by myself for the past 3 weeks, and will continue to do so for the next 5. I have to say it is nice to know that he realizes how hard it is to be a parent and that I definitely don't have the easier of our jobs. It makes me love him more for his sincere appreciation. I just hope by the time he leaves tomorrow night he hasn't signed them all up for boarding school in Switzerland.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! I loved the mental image of Shawn at the bike store, too funny!

Abby said...

This was classic! And they wonder why we're tired at the end of the day...and why we dread long weekends home alone with a house full of kids...

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.