Thursday, April 17, 2008

Homesickness....

Shawn is coming home this weekend. Yes. I'm happy to have him grace my presence. So are the kids. What makes me smile the most? The fact that I feel like he is more homesick for me than I for him. I guess I just assumed that living as a bachelor for 3 weeks might make him feel so free that the thought of entertaining 4 kids and listening to a nagging pregnant wife might seem completely unappealing. I'm thrilled to say this isn't the case. I've been getting phone calls more frequent as of late. Like 8 am before the next case starts. I've also received 8 emails and one text message. This all occurred before 10:30 this morning. Nice. I love that he loves me. I love that he's excited to see me and to be near me again. Even if it is only for 2 days. I'll take what I can get.

3 comments:

TerriLyn said...

Too cute! Have a fantastic weekend!!!!

Us Lochers said...

How cute. I thought for sure Shawn was just making up this "had to move for two months" thing to get a break. te he he

Becca said...

How sweet! Absence really does make the heart grow fonder.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.