Monday, April 7, 2008

Daddy Time...

Way back last September Shawn had arranged some moonlighting time for both April and May, not anticipating his absence from home. Friday afternoon he made the trek from Southwest, up to just 30 minutes Southwest of here. He was moonlighting in a tiny community with a very small hospital. The kids and I decided we wanted to catch a glimpse of him, so Saturday afternoon we drove down and met him at the hospital. He was finishing up with his last two patients when we arrived, and he had zero calls while we were in town. Bliss. We went to a local park, then headed to a place the locals call "The Sugar Shack". Small town ice cream cones. Turns out Landon loves ice cream. It was super windy, hence Shawn's sexy hair-do. Gotta love what the wind can do to some coiffed locks.


After 3 hours of spending time with the love of my life we bid him farewell. We headed home and he headed to get some much needed sleep. It sure was good to see him, even if it was only for a short time.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I'm glad you got some time with him--hopefully it can happen again sometime soon.

Pattie said...

Jack informed me that it was your Birthday.. Happy Birthday...

Rebecca Pierce said...

I've been a little absent, but I just caught up on your blog. I love the post about the girls that your boys love. Beware...they could turn into crushes that last twenty years!

So nice that you could get away for a day with daddy. What is it with small town ice cream cones? I wonder where there is a small town around here...

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.