Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Conversation....

In the car on the way to school this morning because we missed the bus.

Kennedy: Mom, turn it up! I love this song!
Me: What is it?
Kennedy: "Tattoo", by Jordan Sparks. Louder please!
Me: How the heck do you know that?
Ethan: He sings on Disney tunes.
Kennedy: Uh, Ethan? Jordan is a GIRL.
Ethan: Who cares.
Kennedy: Will you turn it up a little bit louder?

6 comments:

Becca said...

Our lives would be so boring without kids!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Happy Birthday by the way! So, when are you guys visiting Idaho again??? Hint, hint! I really think you should be considering it as a future job site...

Anonymous said...

Is Kennedy a teenager yet? She cracks me up. Happy birthday! I thought I posted it on your birthday but for some reason it didn't show up so hopefully this one will.

Us Lochers said...

The other day Alyssa started singing, "bleeding love".... I couldn't believe how many of the words she was singing from memory. Kids are so darn cute.

Audrey said...

This is so funny. This song has created conversation in our car as well, but it went a little bit differently:
Ryanna: "Mom, we don't like tattoos huh?"
Me: "Right."
Ryanna: "Why don't we like tattoos?"
Me: "The prophet said we shouldn't get one and they are ugly."
You'd think that would be the end, but everytime we hear this song or see a tatto, the same conversation ensues. I'm getting ready to ban this song.
It's a little scary how quickly kids pick up lyrics though. She can sing several songs that are on the radio.

valerie said...

Don't kids make life so much more interesting sometimes. Erin can memorize lyrics so easily. She totally surprises me sometimes when she starts singing a song that's on the radio that I had no idea she knew.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.