Monday, April 14, 2008

April Showers Bring Giant Puddles...

Conference weekend was a long one at our house. I love to listen to the sessions and soak up what is being taught. However, I don't enjoy being trapped in a house with 4 restless kids that have cabin fever. I was desperate enough by 4 o'clock that I started bathing children and putting on pj's just to kill some time. At 5 we were graced by the presence of Natalie and her two kids, all of whom my kids adore. By 6 my older kids noticed the rain had abated and the sun was trying to peek through the clouds. We try not to venture out into the neighborhood on Sundays, but I was losing my cool and relented to a few minutes of outside play before bedtime. In my excitement for the break in routine I failed to notice the gigantic puddles filling the streets after the previous downpour. I also neglected the fact that two of my kids were completely ready for bed. Puddles were found, mud sprayed everywhere from bicycle tires, kids were soaked, and I loved every minute of it. Landon taught Max & Jonnie the finer points of puddle stomping and they too were drenched. What a great end to a weekend.

6 comments:

Rebecca S said...

I love it - Landon and the little J girl look awsome in thier stretchies.

Jodie B. said...

What fun! Nora would have died before she got that dirty and wet. I think it looks so fun.

Us Lochers said...

How fun. I made Alyssa play in puddles with me once. I need to remember to do that with Aubrey too! There is so much joy in puddle jumping.

Abby said...

Wow, Jayne! Every kid is ROBBED of a childhood if they don't get to do stuff like this! You're such a great mom!

Sarah said...

That is awesome. Puddles are the best entertainment.

TerriLyn said...

Talk about cool!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.