Thursday, September 13, 2007
Repeats....
Because I live in a town that is so transient, I get to meet a lot of new people every year. I've recently started to notice that there are many duplicates. Every year it seems that someone I knew once has a "twin" move in. I'm disappointed if the look-a-like is someone I wasn't too fond of previously, but am excited if it happens to be someone I really enjoyed. Sad that I let my previous relationships dictate how I approach this new person. This year the look-a-like happens to be someone I really had a good time with. Unfortunately, I need to remind myself that this is an entirely different person altogether, and no hairstyle, or accent makes this new person the original. I hold the look-a-likes to some sort of standard set previously, and when that standard isn't quite met I find myself a tad bit disappointed. Unless the look-a-like turns out better than the original. This happened one year. It happened to be a repeat of an unpleasant person. I guarded myself around the look-a-like until I discovered she was much more fun than the original. I chastised myself for having pre-judged her. There is also the case where the original and look-a-like come from identical personality-quirk-molds. This is just a wierd thing to encounter. But it has been encountered before. After all these years I'm still looking for the Pam or Aimee repeat, but have never found them. Some people are just one-of-a-kind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
11 comments:
You are too funny. =)
Oooh, do I have one?
How could I not reply to that? Thanks Jayne, I will never find another you either. Believe me I have tried.
Yeah I want to know if I have one, and if you are expecting them to be cool, or to suck... now I am paranoid :)
Gee thanks! I was thinking I would probably have been the original of whom someone looked like but they ended up being much cooler! I don't think anything could have topped the "babysitter's club". We have a med school here and all the LDS students are in our ward. It is just not the same. I miss Jayne!
Interesting...i surely hope there is not a twin out there like me and who is that lucky person
Jayne, you crack me up. I don't want to know if I have a twin out there.
Hahaha! I'm just dying to hear who the look-a-likes are this year, and whether you feel dismay or excitement at seeing them. :) I wish we could call for a girls game night, and then I know we could get it out of you!
You make me laugh! Thanks for the smiles! Wherever I go there is always someone who "looks so familiar!" Email me personally (opposed to posting here) if I am the annoying twin. Thanks. ;)
If I am the annoying twin, just tell me, it won't hurt my feelings :)
You are just killing all of us with suspense... Who are they? I know you really couldn't say here, though. Hmmm...
Post a Comment