
Landon's new favorite breakfast is blueberry mini-bagels schmeared with strawberry cream cheese. I think he feels like he's eating something covered in frosting, which is why he's so willing to eat this typical food. You can see by the picture that he thoroughly enjoys his breakfast. Landon has really grown up these last few months and has FINALLY started to spit out some words. He has names for all the kids. Ethan is "E-O", Kennedy is just a long "EEEEEE", and Jack is "Ga-Ga". It's funny to me to watch his vocabulary explode so I can finally hear what has been going on in that little head for so long. He knows all his body parts, but his favorite is elbow. Anytime anyone's elbow is in view he needs to touch it and say "belbow", then point to both of his own. He doesn't really know the names of animals, but everytime he sees one he makes the sound over and over. The thing that is fun to watch is his excitement. He pounds on my arms saying "Mama, mama" until he knows I'm paying attention, then he'll show & tell me what he's viewing. The other night me & the kids rented "A night at the museum" for a movie night, and Landon watched on my lap. There are so many interesting things to a 21 month old in that movie. I'm surprised I don't have bruises covering my arms. He pounds me incessently, even though I've acknowledged whatever it is he's excited about. I guess he just wants to be 100% assured that I'm not missing what he's seeing. Funny boy. I find myself doing things for him that were forbidden to my other children. Like bedtime for instance. My kids just get into their own beds and stay there. I don't care if they cry. I just have always made bedtime sacred "me" time. Lately I've been putting everyone else in bed and taking Landon downstairs to cuddle on the couch with. He'll just sit in my arms cozy in a blanket and let me hold him. He doesn't say anything, just every once in awhile he'll pat my arm to let me know he loves me. I love it. I might regret it in a year when he won't stay in his own bed, but for now this is our time. After all, he is the baby.
2 comments:
What a cute face!
He's such a cutie.
Post a Comment