
I realized the other day that Landon had never touched play-dough. Pathetic. He's almost 2. I think Ethan was using play-dough when he was barely 1. I guess either I've gotten lazy with my parenting, or smart about having to clean up the doughy mess. Regardless, I decided the boy needed to take a crack at molding the stuff in his hands. I found a recipe for Jell-O playdough from a friend (thanks Ruth) and decided this would be a good start. I made the stuff, and while it was cooling Kennedy gathered all the supplies needed to cut, mold, shape, and roll with. Landon LOVED this new activity. He preferred the plastic utensils to any cookie cutter. He just diced away for about 45 minutes. How have we not done this time-alone-for-mom activity before? (I mean, this learning-with-your-hands activity.)


Kennedy read on the recipe that this particular dough would harden when molded and left out to dry. She took full advantage and made many shapes. Most were from cookie-cutters, but my favorite were original designs. The cell phone (buttons included) and the nest FULL of eggs were the best.


I guess the mashed play-dough all over the floor (and some in Landon's hair courtesy of Jack) proved worth it in the end. Ethan wants to make chocolate play-dough next. I don't think he really wants to play with it, I think he just wants a little dessert.
4 comments:
That is awesome!! The pic of the cell phone looks like it has a text/dialogue bubble coming out the top. I know it is the shape above it, but it caught my eye and I thought it was funny. Maybe I should just go to bed. FUN FUN FUN! Your kids are great!
AWESOME idea--count me in when you make the chocolate?
Look likes fun!! Your kids are very creative!!
That looks like too much fun. I know that Ben has touched playdough, but I also know that is has been a long time. You now have sparked my interest (thanks a lot, that means playdough in my carpet for sure). Now I have a few questions--is it edible? where did you get the recipe? and did it really harden? I'll have to call and get the info from you!
Post a Comment