Today being Labor Day the kids were out of school. It's also the very last day to swim outside here in this little town. We took advantage and ventured out to the lake. The water was nice. Even Jack got in and got wet (he's pretty particular about his water temperature). The weather was absolutely perfect for a day at the lake. We took snacks, buckets & shovels, and life-jackets ready to spend the afternoon in the sun. Ethan loves to swim out to the dock and jump off. Today the dock was full of college age kids who were fully entertained by Ethan and his friend Aimee. I kept hearing roars of laughter coming from that direction--------Ethan and Aimee had raptured all their attention and were really taking advantage of being in the spotlight. What a great way to say good-bye to summer days and welcome in the fall. I do feel bad that Shawn is missing all of this because he's working so hard for our family. We love you babe, and really missed you today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
4 comments:
I love your beach!
We, too, spent time at the beach, at Bear Lake. And yes, the wind did blow, but not as bad as it did early August.
Your beach is just s nice place to be.
Looks fun, but after our snake experience, I don't think I'll ever swim in that lake again!!
I can just imagine the great conversation Ethan was having with those college kids. I've always loved his use of words! It's always amazed me!! I'm glad you all had a great last swimming day for the year :)
Ok, total double take. I just had to say that since my youngest siblings are named Ethan and Amiee, it was definitely a "wha-what?!" for me...
Post a Comment