Sunday, September 9, 2007

My Wish....

I wish I had a kitchen that had a drain right in the center. Then after my kids ate a meal I could simply load up the power washer with part Lysol, part water, and just hose the floor down. How easy this would make my life. I guess there would have to be a trick to make it ascetically pleasing, but that is a minor detail, right? This all came about because I thoroughly cleaned the kitchen after dinner. Shawn is gone (again) so I decided we needed to do something fun. Snicker doodles was the consensus. I would make the dough, and then they would roll the little balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Fun, right? After I make the dough (it's quite a crumbly mixture before it's refrigerated) I'm headed to the fridge. As I'm pondering which shelf is best suited for this dough, the bowl somehow slips out of my hand and all over the floor. Not just all over the floor, but across 3 of the fridge shelves also. I get out the vacuum deciding that using the wand would be easier than trying to clean it up by hand. I get kind of carried away with the vacuum and end up cleaning all the nooks and crannies, all the baseboards, behind and around the garbage can, and even in a few cupboards. I make another batch of dough, place it in the fridge safely, and then re-vacuum my work space. After I clean out the inside of the vacuum and put it away I stand back to admire my work (spotless kitchen) only to realize the kids hadn't rolled the balls in the mixture yet, and I would once again find myself cleaning the kitchen----for the 3rd time in under an hour. After going through this wish in my mind while typing this up, I'm re-thinking my wish. I would prefer a "Tim Taylor" type kitchen where everything is behind one giant door. When it's time to clean up simply shut the doors, push a button, and it starts just like a dishwasher. Counters, cupboards, floors, everything steamed and scrubbed to perfection. I realize this is just a wish. It doesn't hurt to dream.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jayne,
If you could invent this every woman in the world would buy one no matter what the cost. You would be rich!!!

Chantel said...

You are killing me!! I wish I had the drain in the middle too, good to know it isn't just at my house :)

Laurissa said...

I'd just settle for a hard floor under our table. Today Lily smashed peanut butter into the carpet ten minutes before we were to leave to Stake Conference. But can I put in a request for a Tim Taylor house, where I just close the door and push clean? I could get a lot more blogging done that way.

rebecca said...

I love your way of thinking!! Let me know when you have thought up a way to make this happen and I'll be the first to buy one(when Keith is done with school, of course :)

Natalie said...

With the amount of stuff my kids throw on the floor, I would need a giant garbage disposal because they would clog the drain!

DeGooyer Family said...

Good idea - where do I sign up? =) Oh, I know - fantasy land...

Unknown said...

Jayne, thank you for the laugh. I needed that!

Anonymous said...

Amen! At the end of every meal I find myself sweeping up two thirds of it off the floor. I wonder if my kids get anything in their mouths- by the looks of it- not much!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.