Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My soxygen is hurting.....

Today I experienced what I think is a migraine. Before I took Jack to preschool my right eye was only seeing black wavy lines. I thought I'd looked into the sun too long. When that went away I had an excruciating headache. Lucky for me, Landon went down for a nap early, so I took 3 extra strength Tylenol and went to sleep. After 2 hours it was down to a dull throb. Then Jack came home. I told him my head hurt. He said "I better go get my skeleton book to tell you why it's hurting". (He has this book about bodies that I bought for him when he wouldn't leave Shawn's anatomy book alone.) He sat me down on the floor and opened to the page about brains. First, he told me all about the brain. I kept asking, "but why does it hurt". He skirted the issue like some doctors do. Finally he got to the point. "Mom, your soxygen is hurting. This arrow points to your brain. Here are your lips and teeth. If you have 5 loose top teeth, and two loose bottom teeth then your soxygen starts to hurt." I asked how to make it stop hurting. He said, "If you drink 1 glass of water it should go away." I drank a glass of water, in front of him of course. I don't want to doubt his cure. Then he said,"There. It should start to work. It will definitely be gone tomorrow after a good night sleep". Good thing for me I have a doctor that is willing to diagnose anytime.

12 comments:

rebecca said...

I LOVE THAT JACKSON!!! You definitely have a doctor in training!

Ashley said...

Seriously! Where does he come up with this stuff?

Tisha said...

So ADORABLE!!!

DeGooyer Family said...

WOW - what a smart, little boy! =)

Unknown said...

Jackson is most definitely doctor material! I hope your headache is gone!

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie! It is days like those that make being a mom hard. No way to call in sick. Hope you are feeling better and the glass of water worked!

Melissa said...

I love your kids. They are so funny, all of them! Reading your blog always makes me laugh. Thanks, Jayne!

Becca said...

It's a good thing that Shawn is gone a lot, his second opinion might have hurt Jack's feelings! Hope you feel better!

Melody said...

Could this be any cuter!?

Sheen said...

Holy cow, that is so cute. I love it... Think he could diagnose my migraines?

Erin said...

He has the cutest little quirks! What a hoot!

TerriLyn said...

Adorably cute!! I love that Jack kid.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.