Thursday, September 27, 2007
Mission: Re-adjust babies schedule....
Landon has been taking amazingly long naps. We are talking 3 to 4 hours. However, he has been staying up later than the other children due to the extreme sleep in the afternoon. All my other kids are in bed by 8, usually asleep by 8:30. Landon has taken to spending time alone with me, or Shawn and I if Shawn is home, and just hanging out until around 9 when he tells me "upstairs" meaning he's ready to go to sleep. It's kind of fun to cuddle with the little bug all alone at night. But, it would be nice to be alone with my absentee husband at 8 and not deal with any little people. So, I came up with this great idea of re-scheduling Landon's sleep. He always wakes up at 7 when I wake up Kennedy, then he naps from noon until around 4, then goes to bed at 9. I decided I would only let him sleep 2 hours this afternoon so he'd go to bed at 8 with the others. Ready, go. Today was the day. At two o'clock this afternoon I find myself sound asleep on the couch downstairs so have to ponder the reality of this plan. I decide it's for the best and drag my sleepy body up the stairs to wake the little guy. He was not happy to be woken up. After a little coaxing and cuddling, he seemed happy----until 4:30. Then all hell broke loose. He would start to cry if I looked at him wrong. Nothing was pleasing this typically happy-go-lucky child of mine. Finally at 7:30 he was off to brush his teeth with the others. At 8 I start tucking in. Landon is standing up in his crib with tears and snot running down his cheeks. Not just crying, but making quite a scene. I made all the others comfortable, down to the final drink of water, and he was still bawling his little head off. I relented. I grabbed him up, wiped his face, got him a sippy cup of ice water, and sat down in a chair to cuddle the little fella. I sang him 5 songs, and rubbed his feet. By the time I got him placed back into bed he was sleepy. He rolled onto his tummy and said, "night momma". That's it. The kid just likes to be alone with his mom. And he LIKES to take long naps. Who am I to argue with a long nap and a little cuddle time at night? So for now? Mission: ABORTED. Let the kid set his own schedule. After all, he's the baby, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
7 comments:
Let him sleep!!! How sweet that he wants to spend time with mom! Enjoy it because you know it won't last forever!
haha that sounds familiar...
oh how cute is that. enjoy the sweet times with your little one..
I have given up as well! Enjoy all your cuddle time!
I guess the days are gone when we would just stick our boys in the cribs and let them cry--no matter what. Now I feel a little bad considering how easy I am on Sarah.
Wow a four hour nap! It must have been so hard to wake a sleeping baby.
So funny. Every time I get a great idea like that it only takes a time or two before my kids show me who's really in charge.
Post a Comment