Monday, September 3, 2007

Jack's "World"

When we were in Idaho, Jackson kept referring to my mom's "world". He'd say things like:
"Grandma, we don't have these kinds of french toast sticks in our world". Or, "Will you show my mom where in your world to buy this licorice so she can take some back to my world?" Hilarious. My mom just kept laughing because of this "your world, my world" stuff, like he was on a new planet. I discovered after 9 hours into our drive home that "world" actually means "city". "What world are we in now Mom?" was a frequent question. I laughed and said "do you mean city?" I'm sad that he now knows to use proper terminology because the "world" thing was so cute, and so Jack. One thing Jack acquired on our trip to the other world was a kid-tough mp3 player. Kennedy already has one, but Jack really needed his own. He LOVES to dance to kids bop songs----L.O.V.E. is one of his favorites. A few days ago we were outside playing and Jack disappeared down the street pushing his backpack in the stroller. When he came back into sight he was listening to his ipod bouncing along. I can safely assume the music was stored in the backpack for future use. He makes me laugh. His creativity is genius.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

This made me laugh. I love Jack.

Jessica said...

he cracks me up. Sometimes I'm with Jackson in feeling like Kirksville is another world.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.