Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fighting Kids.....

Every once in awhile my kids get so bored that all they do all day is pick on each other. Some of their fights are actually comical. Like this one. Kennedy hung this sign above her bedroom door:She obviously did it to make Ethan angry because the other two boys can't read. Ethan's response? Well, he entered her room of course. He explained that "i lawd" is not a word and therefore the sign means nothing. Yelling as loud as she can muster, "ETHAN, IT SAYS ALLOWED----AND YOU ARE A BOY SO GET OUT OF MY ROOM!!" As calm as can be, with a slight giggle to his voice, "Kennedy, it says i lawd and that basically has no meaning to me." He then turned on his heels and exited the forbidden territory. I think it's safe to say that the sign backfired a little. Either that or Ethan inherited the make-the-other-person-more-mad-by-not-reacting-as-you-are-supposed-to gene from his father.

7 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

I'm just waiting for the day Benjamin attempts to write a sign like this - I'm sure it will be ANY day now...

Tif Sweeney said...

This totally cracks me up! How could you possibly keep a straight face thru this one? :)

rebecca said...

That is hilarious and I can just hear them having this discussion! Those two are so darn cute and such smarties!!

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

SO Familiar! Except I was the younger sister who didn't want boys allowed! Of course, I COULD go in their room ANY time! ;) This was so funny! I love the cell phone too! Thanks for making me laugh. =)

The Posse said...

I love that. So funny...

valerie said...

How funny!! Your kids are awesome!!!

Becca said...

That sounds just like something my kids would do!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.