Saturday, September 29, 2007

Ethan's Amazing Ability......

Ethan has started a collection. He came home one day after school and had 5 Yu-Gi-Oh and 2 Pokemon cards in his possession. "A nice kid on the bus gave them to me." The entire year his collection kept growing. I, myself, have purchased 5 cards for him. They came in a small pack and were part of a Christmas gift. 5. That's it. Somehow he manages to acquire these cards from other kids. He has a way of making people want to give him things. I've seen it happen. Amazing talent. His father is equipped with the same kind of talent. This uncanny ability has caused his collection to continuously grow without spending a dime. He now totes this container (also given to him by a friend free of charge) back and forth to school each day. He uses them for the purpose of "trading" but ends up once again with more than he started with. Wow. Only a select few children can gain objects without inflicting bodily harm, or threats, and remain liked by others in the process.

5 comments:

Tisha said...

That is so funny, because James comes home every day having given away a yu-gi-oh card to someone else. There must be a few Ethan types in his class.

Anonymous said...

Would you mind describing how he goes about it? I'm really curious.

rebecca said...

That really is a great talent! He's so good with his words and always so polite. I can see him as a great speaker one day :) People would love to listen to him :)

Becca said...

I'm very impressed with Ethan's ability, but not at all surprised. Even when he was little, he was able to reason with people and try to get them to see things his way.

Anonymous said...

I think you should have him write a self help book and then market it! I am sure he would make millions and then you could finally pay off all that student loan debt! No one needs to know the advice is from a 7 year old!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.