Saturday, September 8, 2007

6:50 A.M.

This is the time my two older children need to be awakened in order to catch the bus on a school day. It's painful for a mother to wake sleeping babes this early. Especially when they are in bedrooms with the younger ones that have no reason to be awakened. The other morning Kennedy said,"Oh, I hate this part of the day". It's early. With the season change the sun is just barely peeking over the horizon which makes it seem earlier than it really is. I watch them trying to dress themselves while keeping their eyes closed as if somehow this will make it easier. Part of me just wants to send them back to bed and tell them when they get up I'll drive them to school. If it is so difficult to be awoken this early on a school day, then WHY, WITHOUT FAIL, do they come bounding in my room at 6:50 am every Saturday, Sunday, and Holiday dressed and wondering if they can go outside yet??!! Who are these people anyway? Do they think I need to be woken on days I should be sleeping in as retaliation for the school day wake-up??!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! This is the exact same scenerio for us. Crazy.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree...though I have to say there is ALOT that I don't understand about kids!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Jayne, you need to talk Pam into starting a blog!

DeGooyer Family said...

No kidding. This morning it was 6:45. I think this happens maybe becuase their little bodies are used to waking up early M-F, they have "no choice" but to wake up that early every other morning.??

Deeanna said...

I couldn't agree with you more! My kids somehow have a 6th sense about weekends and holidays...Although now that we have church at 8 am on Sundays, they no longer awaken early on Sundays either!

Jill said...

ugghh I hate that. I have to pick up Alyssa from preschool at 3:00 which means most of the time I have to wake Grant up, it pains me.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.