Monday, July 2, 2007

Let's Go To The Movies

Shawn was post-call today, and since it was a light surgery day he was home by 11 am! Unheard of, WAHOO!! We decided to take the older 3 kids to see the new Disney Pixar movie "Ratatouille". We put Landon down for a nap and a friend (thanks Ash!) came over with her daughter to watch him while we were gone. Of course since we rarely go to the movies, and almost never take the kids, we went all out with tubs of popcorn bigger than their heads and drinks so big they had to rest them in the cupholder and stand up to sip them they were so heavy. The movie was great, as are all of the pixar films we've seen. We did have to take 3 bathroom breaks (one for me, TWO for Jack), and refill the popcorn 3 times, drinks twice. After Jack's second bathroom break (Shawn had to take him because he can't go in the girls, good excuse on my part) Shawn upped the age able to attend a movie with us to age 6. We seem to up the age everytime we attend the movies with small children. Too bad for Landon he'll probably have to be 18 before he's allowed to sit in the cinema with his parents. The older two loved the excitement the theatre brought, along with the salty and sweet treats. Jack? At the end of the movie his wiggly body stopped long enough to say, "That was a really long movie".

*after-note: I wanted proof I was at the movie too so Shawn used his go-go gadget arms to snap a shot of us all. Excuse the wide eyes most of us are sporting, that's the kind of photo you get when nobody is behind the lens!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Haha! I love Jack's gratitude and excitement - 'That was a really long movie'. So classic! Poor little Landon - at age 15 he still can't go with you and Shawn and the others. :)

DeGooyer Family said...

We went on Saturday and really liked it! Brett got paged in the middle, poor guy, so he had to leave. Glad you enjoyed it! =)

Jodie B. said...

How fun!! Looks like you all had a great time- regardless of the many trips out of the theater!!

Katherine said...

Fun! I think Franny and I are going to give it a shot this weekend. It looks like a cute movie- I always love any movie that has anything to do with food. Jack is such a crack-up.

Eric said...

You won't remember the time you went to a movie - when you were just one year plus a few months. You were up and down the aisles!

Deb & I experienced a movie last summer with Ethan and Kennedy. They did okay, although Ethan needed a bathroom break at the end of the movie. We missed the end.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.