Chantel tagged me with the college edition.
1) Each player must post these rules first.
2) Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3) Tagged people post their eight things and these rules.
4) End your post by ‘tagging’ eight new people to play.
5) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog for these instructions.
I think I talk enough that everyone already knows 8 random facts about my college years, but I'll participate anyway.
#1) I attended Ricks College for 2 years where the 1st year I dated fiercely, but the 2nd year I stuck with Shawn.
#2) I was given a 1/2 tuition scholarship for academics upon entering, but lost it after my first semester due to the fiercely dating I mentioned.
#3) I got married and headed to BYU where I entered the Education Department majoring in Elementary Ed.
#4) I was very vocal in my classes, and when a test was "ridiculous" to pass, I let it be known to my professors. I also never let the teacher make a statement I didn't agree with without some sort of vocalization. (I was probably the student nobody wanted).
#5) I did my student teaching in Payson in a 5th grade classroom and decided that was the grade I really wanted to teach.
#6) I was hoping to get pregnant so I didn't have to ever apply to teaching when I graduated because I was too afraid of failure by not getting hired due to a high volume of elementary teachers and a low volume of positions available.
#7) I graduated and ended up being hired to teach 5th grade by none other than one of the professors mentioned in #4 because he liked me and thought I'd fit in with the other teachers. (He was the principal)
#8) I taught 5th grade at Valley View Elementary in Pleasant Grove for 2 1/2 years. I LOVED the faculty and fit in amazingly well. I broke my contract midway through my 3rd year because I gave birth and couldn't bare to leave him with a sitter.
Okay, I know that now is when I'm supposed to tag new people. I'm not going to. Most of the people I know have already been tagged, so I'd just be re-tagging. Besides, I'm the one that breaks most chain letters, so if I started fulfilling them now, I'd always have to. (I still love you Chantel!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
1 comment:
That is okay if you break the chain :) I didn't know that you were a school teacher! Look at what I have learned today!
Post a Comment