
Today was the culmination of the summer reading program for the kids in the 'Ville. It is this big fair that has many games with a renaissance theme complete with a juggling court jester. Last year it was held outside and was so much fun to wander to the different booths. Today it was held inside due to a rainy forecast. It was actually a beautiful low 80's day and sunny, so it was tough to be crammed into the library knowing we could have better enjoyed ourselves out in the fresh air. But, what do you do? We heard that there was going to be a maze that all the kids could enter if they had the right "clues". We guessed "Wizard" was the answer, and we were let in. I'm not sure if it was the correct answer, but you don't really tell a mother of 4 she can't let her children enter the main attraction.

Inside the maze choosing prizes.

Landon crawling out of the maze.

Showing off the toys chosen.
We then decided to venture out into craft land where we made our very own goblets. I gave one to Landon and he wasn't quite sure it was what he wanted. He seemed to prefer the sunglasses to the plastic goblet.

Next was the sand bottles. Endless line, only to find out when it came our turn there was only enough to make 1. My kids all took turns pouring in the sand and nobody complained. Wow. I was amazingly surprised, and quite pleased at the attitude my kids took not being able to make their own.

For the grand finale there are prizes given via a drawing. Upon entering this event we were all given tickets with numbers. The numbers are called and you've won a prize if you hold the winning ticket. The first number called today was #13. Jack held the winning ticket! He won a lovely gigantic poster of a transformer. The poster is larger than him.

Of course when Jack won the prize there were a few tears from Kennedy who really thought she should win something and Jack probably really had her ticket. She was fine when she realized nobody was in the maze and she could go back through to claim yet another "prize" from the box. After the great library extravaganza we headed over to Wendy's-----every thursdays all summer long kids meals are only 99 cents. (I recognized quite a few of the mini-vans in the parking lot.) I think today it is going to be Wendy's for lunch, and probably dinner too. I think my kids think that makes me mother of the year. What they don't realize is that I'm not doing it for them, I'm doing it so I don't have to run the dishwasher which will then need to be unloaded, and I also get out of making two meals today. I think Thursday is my new favorite day.
3 comments:
I can't beleive how big your kids re!! Wow time seems like forever ago since I have seen you, but then sometime not that long ago.
How fun. I love how you write, Jayne, you're always such an entertaining read! Thursday's my new favorite day, too, I think...
What a fun mother you have turned out to be! Who would have ever guessed!?
Post a Comment