After the deed was done
Monday, July 2, 2007
Kennedy's new "do"
One month ago today Kennedy saw a little girl at burger king and really wanted her hair cut just like hers. It was quite short, and her mother had done it really cute. Kennedy said she needed it cut because that girl was the cutest one there, and Kennedy says she wants to be the cutest one in the room. What can I say to that? Well, that spurned a whole other conversation about whiny-ness. Lately every morning had been a struggle and she was demanding to do her own hair which consisted of brushing and that's it. No pigtails, no ponytails, no cute little knots, no bajillion elastics creating adorable designs, and DEFINITELY no bows. So, I used this haircut situation to my advantage. I told her that if she cut it I would have to curl it everyday or it couldn't happen. Sure Mom, no problem. To make it look as cute as the girls I'd probably have to use bows sometimes. That is what I want Mom. I would even sometimes want to use little elastics and make cool designs on your head. If that looks good Mom, then you can. No whining? No. Will it be difficult to get you ready in the mornings? No Mom, I promise. So, I told her that if during summer school she didn't put up a fight and it was easy breezy to get her ready, she could have the desired haircut. Well, school was out friday. Today at 4:30 we headed to the salon. She was smiling the entire haircut she was so excited. I actually love her hair short, it's a lot easier to fix, and less tangly. She doesn't look like too much of an orphan if it is only brushed. Of course I will never tell her that. I will keep that secret to myself as leverage. Call it evil, call it deceiving. That's what it is and I'm the first to admit it. But, until you've had a 5 year old dragging her feet every morning for 1 entire school year, the mother deserves some kind of reward. Even if it is selfish. She got what she wanted in the end anyway, right? Everyone's happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
12 comments:
She really does look happy during the whole process. It's cute short! I can't wait to see it on Sunday, all gussied up in one way or another because now she will let you! :)
Let's see if she really holds her end of the bargain---6 year olds seem to have difficulty with long term promises.............
Her hair looks SO cute!
What a cute haircut!! I think it makes her look older. Is that a good thing, or a bad thing??? I think Rachel would look SO cute with short hair, but according to her, "that's not what princess hair looks like, Mom" - maybe someday...
so cute I LOVE IT!
Kennedy is a little doll anyway and the haircut only makes her cuter! I really like it. She looks very grown up!!
She looks adorable!
waiiiit...i've been trying to figure out for the longest time how to become the cutest girl in the room, leave it to kenna to beat me to it. that's it, i'm heading to the salon today as well, cross your fingers!
She looks so adorable with that haircut! May you have MANY struggle free morning!
She looks great with her hair short! She's such a cute little girl. I love how girly she is.
Very cute! Jess just got hers just too, just below the ear! Kennedy is so beautiful that I think she could pull any haircut off!
What a cute kid!
She resembles her mother!
Post a Comment