Next stop: Sam's club. We don't even have a membership, just an expired card. Tisha offered her card if we needed it, but turns out we didn't. I can always spend money in Sam's, but we (or rather Shawn) didn't see any luggage that suited his taste. Shawn is actually awful to shop with. When we have a certain item needed we have to go to every store possible within a 50 mile radius that might sell said item. Then when we've experienced every possible style, price, color, brand, texture, smell, whatever else you can possibly imagine, we end up going home empty handed to discuss for weeks which was best. A few months later we repeat the process and finally end up making a purchase. After Sam's we headed over to Macy's and found quite a few bargains. But, we hadn't scoured the mall yet. Off to the mall. I stayed in the play area with the kids while Shawn search JcPenney. Then we all headed to Dillards, Sears, and Target. Of course we stopped in a few more shops along the way just for fun. One happened to be icing by Claires, where my Kennedy got her little ears pierced. She was so brave. She looked like she was going to burst into tears, but pride held them back. Aren't they cute?
After scouring the mall Shawn suggested we drive clear over to the south end of town to see what Kohl's had to offer. At this point I had to put my foot down. It was already 5 pm, I was exhausted, Landon hadn't had a nap, and Jack needed to run. I reminded him our trip was in
two weeks and luggage was a necessity, not an option. A purchase must be made today. I then reminded him of the awesome sale being held by Macy's. I guess I basically told him that we were going to back to Macy's to purchase our luggage together, or I was going myself to do it. Off to Macys we went, hand in hand, or rather, just together. After finding the exact pieces we needed to purchase, we realized Landon hadn't had his diaper changed since early that morning and they only hold up to 38 pounds. He was starting to leak. (What a horrible mother I am!) Shawn took him to the van to change him while the other 3 and I made our purchase. I wish I'd have had my camera to capture the grand exit we made. I was pushing and pulling the luggage for Shawn and I, Jack was pulling his own, Kennedy hers, and Ethan and both his and Landons. It was quite a sight, as you can imagine. Hunger pains again? It's only like---oh, 6 o'clock! My poor kids were starving! Back to the mall for the food court. Hot dogs for some, pizza for others, Panera soup and sandwiches for Shawn and I.At this point Jack still hadn't been able to run yet. (Well, besides in between the racks of clothing in Target.) So even though it was nearing bedtime, we ventured over to Cosmo park. I wish I could do this park justice by showing pictures. It is huge. If I stand in the very center I still can't see all the mini-play areas surrounding me. It's probably pretty dangerous if your kids aren't predictable, or if it's really crowded.
Then we started the trip home. Shawn was happy that he was able to get the suitcase he wanted instead of the one's on sale that we purchased for the kids.
Fitting 6 suitcases in a mini-van already full of children is quite the task. The kids managed to smile even though their space was somewhat over-run.
Fitting 6 suitcases in a mini-van already full of children is quite the task. The kids managed to smile even though their space was somewhat over-run.
We started driving into a storm
but off to my right it made for a beautiful sunset.
Mission: accomplished.
9 comments:
What a fun day! WAY TO GO KENNEDY!!! I am so glad that she got her ears pierced this time! I love them- so girly!! Wow- one more way that Tommy and Shawn are alike- find the best bargain and then do a little research before making the final decision. I am just a we need it so lets get it person and so I feel you pain! It is just good thing that we love them so much right :)
What a fun day! We need new luggage, too - so let me know where you got yours. I've never had any "real" luggage, and Brett has the hand-me-down luggage from his parents - made in the 70s. (Kind of embarrasing at the airport...)
Way to put your foot down and get your luggage!!! You will love the rollers and the room. I hope you have so much fun on your trip! We are heading to Washington for 3 weeks. Just Max and I then Luke will join us. Tami and her fam will be there for a little bit! We are going to the fair and the durbe. I haven't been to the fair for at least 10 years. I'm stoked!
That Shawn can be a huge pain in the butt. I remember going cologne shopping with him.... so he could test which scent I liked better. I think he did that with several people before finally making a decision and purchasing it! ha ha It's the funny things like that that make him who he is though.
I can't wait to hang out with you and your family in a few weeks!
It is funny how even the easiest of tasks become enormously hard with a husband and kids in tow! You are a trooper!
I'm so proud of Kennedy! Kendra recently had hers done and she has the exact same pair of earrings!
I also loved the pic of the sunset. I've been missing Kirksville lately and that sunset made things worse! But I loved it.
p.s. congrats on the luggage. That's a big step.
How fun! Your hubby sounds like me, we have to research something to death before he will let us buy it!~
Fun trip! I love all the little snapshots capturing the funny quirky things of the trip - like the kids packed into the car amongst the new luggage! :)
I love that one of the necessities of the day is that Jack has to run. This is going to be my family too. I have to get Eirik out of the house to exercise or all of our lives are insane. I guess mothers learn these things. What a fun excursion. The 38 lb. diaper had me rolling. I've done that many times too!
Post a Comment