Thursday, July 12, 2007
A Final Farewell...
The time has come where all the 2nd years are packing their moving vans full of belongings and memories and heading off in different directions for clinical rotations. I actually really hate this time of year because so many awesome people that teach me so many things about motherhood, cooking, friendships, and just life in general, leave this town. Most of them will never cross paths with me again in this life. I'm grateful for the opportunity to have gotten to know these awesome girls. Some of you are reading this and wondering if I'm even talking about you----yes, it's you, the one's that don't think I've really paid attention to how amazingly awesome you are with your kids, or heard your laughter in the halls at church, or noticed how you jump to help anyone that needs it. I sit here with tears streaming down my face quietly saying goodbye on my blog because I hate real life goodbyes. It makes it too real. It's funny because I'm actually pretty territorial when it comes to you all that are leaving. When the new 1st years move in I don't immediately jump in to introduce myself. For a little while they are the enemy because them moving in means that someone has left. When "so-and-so's" house becomes "that new families" house, it really takes adjusting for me. I eventually adjust and begin to form friendships with "that new family in so-and-so's house", but, I never forget the people that leave this unique little town. Thanks for all you've taught me, and good luck on the rest of this Medical School journey. It won't be long and you'll be back for a whirlwind of a weekend for your husbands graduation. I will still be here hoping to catch a glimpse of you all at the wading pools.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
8 comments:
That is hard to keep going through everytime when you get to become such good friends!
Jayne, I don't envy you. It was hard enough to go myself, and miss everyone, but to be there for the "goings" every time...sheesh. I know I came as an enemy once too, but I am sure glad you let me be in the Beecher's house and be your friend! You are lucky to have a million times more friends as all of us who only stay 2 years. You are going to have quite a heavenly reunion! Kirksville is such a quirky place, and yet so darn fun! Thanks for your blog. Give everyone hugs for me too, as they won't be there when we come back in 10 months!!!!! "see you soon!"
(PS. did they get out WAY earlier this year, or is it just me?!....and sorry for the yearbook of a blog)
Jayne, I'm so glad you're staying put! We can get together and commiserate over how much it stinks that so many of our friends have left while we watch Grey's Anatomy and pig out on Mugshotz concretes.
Jayne, you're awesome. But I'm not really saying goodbye. I hate them too. I'm planning on sneaking out of town.
I felt the same way when we dropped you off at college at the beginning of your freshman year.
I truly admire you, you will be missed!
Yes, I am really sad to leave. I know, "bloom where you're planted" yada yada, but I LOVE Kirksville and all the friends I have here. I also admire you, Jayne. You are such a fun easy person to be with and get to know. I've enjoyed all the game nights and get togethers! And book clubs! :)
It was terribly hard to say goodbye to me ... RIGHT?!!! I miss you and your great sense of humor and of course Kville - what a perfect place to start Medical School. I love your blog and now you are forced to keep in touch with me :) and we can't wait to see you guys in less than a year when Miles graduates!! Hopefully that wont be the only time we'll cross paths :)
Post a Comment