Is this candy going to ever start being thrown at me?
The Candy Scramble.
Happy for the popsicle, irritated at the photography.
Hot little firecracker.
Landon loves those motorcycles.
After the parade we headed home to the neighborhood block party. That's right, I said BLOCK PARTY. I feel like a real-life-true-blue adult. I'm old enough to host a block party with my neighbors. Crazy. I'm not really old enough, am I? We started off with a little parade of our own. All the kids decorated their bikes and scooters and rode to the end of the street and back. Most were sporting swimsuits due to the extreme weather. High 80's with 97% humidity. It felt like a sauna.
I'm happy to say that I know my husband as well as I thought I did, and when he came home from the fireworks stand yesterday, he didn't disappoint. Fabulous. Looks like explosives win out over knowledge of danger. So much for that medical degree. He even went over budget as I anticipated. He is seen here in this picture using one of his "launchers". I guess it is a necessary part of this holiday to use some type of launching mechanism in order to get the full effect. Unsurprisingly fabulous.
I was proud of Shawn when he handed over the "punk" to Ethan and let him have a go at lighting the display. Ethan really got into it and I don't think the punk was ever returned to the rightful owner.



Jack was a little apprehensive, and Landon pretty much stayed on my lap. I was literally stuck in this chair all evening. (I don't use the word "stuck" lightly. The humidity made everyone sticky. )
Overall I'd have to rate this fourth as one of my favorite. I guess it's the first in a long time that I was actually able to enjoy the fireworks outside instead of viewing them through the living room window due to an inconsolable child. Fabulous. Ethan is already planning on what to buy next year. After all the kids were in bed (10:30 pm) and I was washing the sticky sweat off of my face, Shawn said to me, "good thing no accidents happened this year." My guess is that by the time the 4th rolls around next year the medical degree will kick in once again---that is until he enters that first firework tent and remembers what all the hype is about. Fabulous.
11 comments:
SO FUN Jayne! I am glad is was such an awesome day! You have such a cute family! You look beautiful! Tell me how you did all the pics and words. Did you upload all the pics first, then add words, or do I dare try to add a pic, then words, then repeat the process?! Somehow I know mine would go biserk. Anyway, FUN FUN FUN! Thanks for sharing!
Glad you all had a great time! Looks like SO much fun. =)
Sorry I missed your fireworks show! I just hope Shawn or Ethan didn't try to light the type that you just pull the string on.
Fabulous. I loved it. Great pictures!
Looks like you all had a great 4th!! We missed you here but who could pass up a block party!!! How fun for everyone!!
I swear you have that exact same picture of you guys at the parade last year :) Did you sit in the exact same spot?
Yes Ash, it is the exact same spot, same picture, and some of us are wearing the exact same thing. I think we'll use that as our standard family picture and take one every year.
What a fun day!
I'm glad the 4th was great for you! Seems like a lot of fun!!
love you,
Misty
How fun, I am glad you won the fireworks battle.
Great pictures of the kids licking their parade candy. :) You look so relaxed and happy sitting in the chair with little Landon on your lap. What a fun day!
Post a Comment