After cake and ice cream it was time to get ready for bed. Like I said, low key. Ethan was trying to show Kennedy all the tricks her new gift could do while trying to be obedient and putting on his pj's. Shawn and I had no idea the things had an internal wi-fi system which allows for communication between two of the same systems within a certain distance. Ethan was in his room, and when I went to tuck Kennedy into bed this is how I found her:
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Early Birthday Celebration
Kennedy will turn 6 on Saturday August 4th. We will be in Idaho without Shawn, so we decided to celebrate a little bit tonight so he could join in the festivities. In all honesty, I think the gift I'm giving her will be beneficial to me on our 21 hour drive across the country. She got a nintendo DS, a hand-held nintendo gaming system. Ethan got one for his birthday last year and Kennedy has been coveting it ever since. Tonight was VERY low key. She opened presents which weren't even wrapped in traditional paper, just placed in the Target sack they came in. No complaints, she got what she wanted.
She told me this morning that she wanted a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting in the shape of a heart. Simple enough. When it came time to blow out the candles I discovered we only had 4, so I used 2 matches in addition to the 4 candles to represent her true age. When we lit the candles the matches struck quit a spark, enough that she was afraid to sit too close to blow them out. Lucky for her 6 year old lungs pack quit a punch and the candles were able to be extinguished from a 2 foot distance.


She was sitting all cozy on her window-seat sending a message back to her brother in answer to whatever question he'd asked via nintendo DS. My first reaction was to shut the secret communication down for the night, but Shawn mentioned this might boost the written vocabulary of our little girl. Lucky for her, education is on her side. I'm still impressed the two figured out how to use these little handheld devices to their full potential. I'm also in disbelief that the little girl I gave birth to only 2 short weeks after moving to the 'Ville is actually turning 6. Happy Early Birthday Kennedy! I'm sure we'll still celebrate with Grandma and Grandpa next week, lucky girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
10 comments:
I can't believe that she is six years old and also that you have been gone now for six years! Kennedy is so beautiful and I am just sad that she and Madeline can't be friends right now!
It was so fun to talk to you the other day. I was so excited that I told everyone whose path I crossed that I got to talk to my best friend from way too long ago. Hopefully now that I have found your blog and am starting my own, we will be able to keep in touch better. I also can't wait to see you when you come out here. I really am still giddy at the thought!
Oh yeah one more thing here is my blog address: http://www.goingcrazyandhavingfun.blogspot.com/
Don't laugh to hard when you see that I totally copied your layout. Also you should feel special--you're the first one to see my blog!
We can't wait for you to get here, and yes, we will celebrate the Big Day with the birthday girl!
That is cool that the 2 kids figured out how to work the gadgets, and commune with each other!
Jayne,
I have no idea what I am doing with this blog thing. I know how to put pictures on and words but that is about it. So I just found your message. Thanks.!
We don't know where we will end up after Ry finishes school. Time will tell. We are having fun though. Crazy how you guys get older as well. I can't believe your cute kids! I love this computer stuff. It's fun to see so many familiar faces. Keep in touch
I love that they are communicating with their systems across the hall!!! How great! Looks like it has one more benefit to an early birthday present.
Jayne, I can't believe she is 6. Sorry to hear you will be gone, though, because we are coming to KV on the 4th.
She is so cute!! I think that is exactly how you looked Jayne at that age!! Isn't it interesting how things have changed from what we got as a birthday present at that age. I hope you guys have a great time in Idaho!
She's so cute! Avril's birthday is the 4th as well... It's a good day. ;)
Happy Birthday to Kennedy! Looks like a lot of fun! Isn't it nice they are so easy to please! That TOTALLY reminds me of me and my brother - doing morse code through the wall and dreaming of drilling a hole so we could go back and forth between rooms when our doors stayed closed! That is so wonderful they are such special pals!
What a fun day for Kennedy. Your kiddo's are so cute. My Marlee and Ian love their gameboys. They would love to have the DS but I haven't given in yet - I'm a "mean" Mom. :) Have a great road trip.
Post a Comment