Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Back to Reality...
I can now live my life back in the real world-------Harry Potter 7 is finally finished. Some girls wanted to get together this morning to discuss the book, so last night brought flashbacks of 6th grade. I was supposed to read "The Lion, the witch, and the wardrobe" for a test and started reading it at 7:30 pm the night before. I was up all night and still wasn't able to finish. This time it wasn't as drastic. At 9 pm I only had about 250 pages left. I knew I would be done by midnight. I wasn't taking into account my full day yesterday and by 11 I had re-read the same sentence 10 times. I relented and went to sleep. When Shawn woke up at 5:30 this morning I turned on the lamp determined to finish before I took a shower. It ended up being read for 10 minutes, eyes rolling back in head, sleep for 20, start again. Finally at 7:45 this morning I pulled the covers off and made myself as uncomfortable as possible knowing this had to be done before 8:30 so I could clean my house and make a treat to share with these lovely girls. The funny thing about this is that this book was wonderful. If I hadn't been so tired there is no way I would have stopped reading until the last page was complete. All is well, the book was read, I made Erin's lemon blueberry biscuits (my new addiction), cleaned the house, showered, fed 4 kids breakfast, got them all dressed, got myself dressed, and even had time to put on mascara. Erin, Jodie, Tiffany, Danielle, and Kristy showed up with kids in tow, and we discussed the book for 1 1/2 hours. That is officially the longest book club discussion we've had to date. It's also probably the longest book we've read to date. It was a fun morning. I think J.K. Rowling did a great job of wrapping things up in this series. I don't want to give anything away to those of you still plugging through, but I do want to say that I'm happy with how things ended. They ended how they needed too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
7 comments:
I had so much fun this morning- Thanks again for hosting! I have been putting off my Harry Potter post on my blog until my sister has finished the book so I was great to get to talk about it! I think it was the best book club by far!!
I am still amazed!!!! I haven't finished it yet....it is phenomenal but I just can't find the time to finish it!!! We will have to talk when I'm done! :)
Also, are those the blueberry biscuits you made the other day????? :) You are amazing!!!! So is Erin...even though we haven't met!
Nicole
Did anyone die, as in the main character, Mr. Potter? I haven't read any of the books, saw only the first movie, with good chances that is as far as I will ever go.
My mom is sending me the entire book on CD and I'm DYING to plunge into this. (Maybe I'll get some work done while I plug in my iPod and escape reality...then, maybe not!) I'm envious that you're already finished!!!
If only I wasn't in the middle of moving right now! I would have had a wonderful and relaxing weekend reading a nice long book about Mr. Potter. :) And I know I would have loved to discuss it with you guys! I'm glad I was represented with my blueberry biscuits, though. :)
Erin Walker
It was so fun talking about such a great book, well the whole series really since it all comes into play at the end. And thanks for posting a link to Erin's bisquit recipe...yummy!
Thanks for THE best book club ever!! I'm going to miss our book talks this next year!
Post a Comment