Thursday, March 21, 2013

Honor Society....

Ethan was offered the opportunity to join the Junior Honor Society this year.  Good grades, service, and positive nature all required.  I imagine this is only the first of many of these types of events I'll be attending for this particular child of mine.

I feel the need to mention that he was also offered the chance to attend Joseph Baldwin Academy this summer.  It's a 3 week class at Truman State University in Kirksville (our old stomping grounds).  He'll be taking a computer class.  The students live in the dorms and attend class daily.  In order to complete admission for this opportunity, he was required to take the ACT.  As a 7th grader.  Scores came back.  He got a 25.  Yep.  25.  This kid is crazy smart.  Shawn and I are making big plans for him to achieve a full ride college scholarship.  He totally has all the makings.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Wow- i am so impressed! A 25 on the ACT as a 7th grader. Amazing! Go Ethan! What a cool opportunity!

So when is this Truman class? Are you going to drop him off? Is there a chance I'll get to see you before I move away??

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.