Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter.....

This year Easter was super low key.  I'm finding that the older my kids get, the lower key holidays are. Presley had an Easter egg hunt at her preschool.  It's always fun to watch 3 and 4 year olds discover that there is candy in the plastic eggs.  They would probably be thrilled just finding empty plastic eggs.



I did dye hard boiled eggs with my kids.  This is one holiday activity I would like to ban for the rest of eternity.  It's messy.  And nobody in this family will eat hard boiled eggs except me.  And I'm not a huge fan.  So it becomes wasteful.  But I did it anyway.  And I'll probably do it every year until my kids leave the house.  Because that's just what mom's do.

The perk of being the youngest child?  The only one to get new Easter clothes.  Which she picked out herself.
Easter Sunday the kids did get baskets full of copious amounts of chocolate.  And I did hide 10 plastic candy filled eggs for each kid in the basement.  No pictures for proof.  But it happened.  My kids aren't as deprived as it might appear.

1 comment:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I can't complain - that's one of my FAVORITE things about the kids getting older! I love that we don't have to go crazy (not that we ever did, but still) to make it magical. Jesus was resurrected and lives...that's the only magic we need :)

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.