Sunday, January 30, 2011

Girl's Weekend....

Arizona. The place I want to live all winter long. Lucky for my sister Lyndsey, that is where her and her cute family currently reside. We decided to girls trip there---and we found a groupon for a hotel we couldn't pass up. I flew in Thursday which happened to be Lyndsey's birthday. So. I was able to spend some time with these two cuties while their parents went out to dinner.

The next day we picked my mom and Katelyn up at the airport and headed to lunch. The food was amazing. Another reason one would choose Arizona in the winter.

We shopped. We ate. We shopped. And we ate. A lot. And we talked and laughed even more than the two of those combined. The hotel we stayed at must have been something back in the day. It's been remodeled, but they kept it pretty retro. We apparently had the John Wayne themed room seeing that there were 2 portraits of him donning our walls. As my mom was falling asleep the first night she said "John Wayne has his gun aimed right at me". Hilarious. Probably because it was 2:30 am.

The pool at this place was beautiful. And we definitely took advantage. All Saturday afternoon (after a short hike at a nearby hiking trail) we found ourselves lounging in those fabulous red chairs. In swimsuits. In January. Perfectly Lovely.

Saturday night the hotel hosted a Sweet 16 party for a group of hopping teenagers around the very pool posted. Which happened to be outside our room. We all discovered that when it comes to thumping music, we are all just kind of.....old. However. While this party was still going strong we decided to check out the rooftop lounge. Which turned out to just be a bunch of couches up on the roof. We did learn, however, that my Mother is frightfully afraid of heights. She stayed on the second floor while we took a few pictures up top.

The free snacks at the front desk offered between 10 pm and 7 am were fun. We enjoyed the quirkiness of them. Doesn't take much to entertain a bunch of women who don't get out much.

Sadly, when we woke up Sunday we had to check out. But not until we enjoyed the hot tub and a little sun. Which made the 11 o'clock check out time impossible. We're so rebellious.
Matt drove over from Yuma Arizona so he could see me before I flew home. And he also might have come because Brian was making us all Cafe Rio Pork and banana cream pie to help celebrate Matt's birthday along with Lyndseys. Whatever.

What an amazing weekend getaway. I'm so blessed to have such a great family The only thing that would have made it better? Not having to return to frigid temperatures and a car at the airport waiting for me to uncover the snow it was buried under.
*This trip was brought to you by an adoring husband that understands his wife's need to rejuvenate herself far away from her beautiful children. I love you Shawn. *

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing...yet again...I loved reading your blog:)

Rebecca Pierce said...

I love that last picture of Lynz with your mom and Matt too...why is the way she is standing sooooo her? I love that girl! What a lovely weekend! I could use some sun...oh wait...I'm spoiling myself in a few weeks...less...13 days!

Lyndsey said...

Great Rebecca! I was thinking how lame i was looking and now i find out it is so me??? aggghhhhh
fun post jayne, it was a great weekend! way to fast but still great

Anonymous said...

Ah-ha! Our computer had crashed and I had lost your blog address so I was so happy you posted it on facebook!!! I can't believe how big your family is getting. It makes me feel old. Looks like Arizona and San Fran were so much fun. :)

Audrey said...

WAIT!!! Did you know I live here too???? I can't believe you came to town and Lyndsey didn't call me. She's in so much trouble!!!!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.