Sunday, January 30, 2011

Christmas at the Crook's....

Christmas this year was nice. Mostly because it's the first Christmas in over 5 years that Shawn actually didn't have to work. Fabulous.
Christmas Eve we headed to the Independence Visitors Center to see their statue display of Christ. Mostly centered on faith. It was amazing.

Then of course we had the traditional pajama opening. I wasn't going to uphold this annual tradition, but I couldn't just skip it. I tried. I made it clear until the 23rd before I caved. And Presley loves her "monkeys". I'm glad I stayed true.

Christmas morning found Jack wanting his two front teeth (and a few bottom one's too)

And Landon was just irritated that everyone woke him up at 7:30. He grabbed his new pillow pet and fell back to sleep while we opened gifts.

All of the kids were happy with their loot. Everyone received pillow pets. The Christmas Toy of the year. According to the commercials anyway.


Presley was in awe. She loved her "pill-ooo pet". She didn't let go of this candy cane until she dropped it and all it's contents landed around her feet. Shawn was against purchasing her anything this year because "she's only 2. She won't know". Oh, the underestimation Father's often make. She acted as though she was in Heaven on Earth. Perfect. (excuse the pictures. She's really hard to catch in a photo. She moves pretty fast)


Crazy enough, Christmas break's weather was unbelievable. Mid 60's most days. You better believe we took advantage and hit the park. Where the kids found a branch the size of a tree in a small slushy stream. What happened to just going down the slide?


It was an enjoyable holiday season for all.

No comments:

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.