Sunday, January 30, 2011

Elmo....

I took Landon and Presley to "Elmo's Healthy Heroes" at the sprint center. We had awesome seats. 3rd row. I've never been that close to anything like that in my life. It's amazing the different perspective you have sitting so close. However, when the characters came down to the audience, they could touch the heads of the people in the second row, but we were just out of reach. Which actually was fine. I'm guessing it might be kind of intimidating to have a 6 foot bird trying to pet you. When we first walked in there was a cardboard cutout of Elmo next to a souvenir stand. Presley ran to it screaming "It's Elmo!!". If I would have known that was all the excitement she was looking for I would have saved a few bucks and made a cardboard cutout at home.


Unfortunately, it was when Landon saw the spinning Elmo light up souvenir that I caved. I bought them each one. Who can argue when you only have to buy two rather than 5?! The kids enjoyed the show. At any given time you could see one or the other (sometimes both) dancing to the music. It was fun to see their enjoyment. And watching Big Bird and all the old characters brought back a lot of childhood memories for me. Nostalgia. Totally wasn't expecting that to occur. Awesome.

No comments:

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.