Friday, September 10, 2010

Back To School Shots....

Here are the obligatory back-to-school-in-front-of-the-front-door photos. Only. Poor Landon. I neglected to take a picture of him on his first day back to preschool. Next year when he starts same time as the others I'm sure he'll be photographed. If I remember to take pictures that is.
Jack. Ethan. Kennedy. Wow. They sure do look old. I remember when it was just Ethan getting on the bus solo. Now he has two siblings to join him.

Ethan is officially a 5th grader. (Didn't have time to take one with his eyes open, the bus was rounding the corner) I have to say I have not missed teaching all these years, until this one. When I entered his classroom on back to school night and saw the 5th grade textbooks, curriculum for the year, and even the novel sets to be read, I got a little..........sad? No. Nostalgic for teaching? Probably that is a better description for what I felt. I can't believe I have a child the age I taught so many moons ago. Next year we're on to middle school. Ugh. No nostalgia there.
Kennedy is a 4th grader and attends the same school as Ethan this year. She's so much a pre-teen already. In every aspect of the word. She's one of the absolute youngest in her grade due to where her birthday falls. But. I also think she's one of the smartest.
And Jack. He's a 1st grader this year. Even though he says school is boring and stupid. Probably because he's reading chapter books like Diary of a Wimpy Kid while his peers are sounding out Go Dog Go. Jack is also smart enough to realize that staying home with Mom when you are supposed to be at school is more boring and stupid. So. He decided he'll stick out the year. And the million others he's got ahead of him too.
I rejoiced as they got on the bus. Three hours later I realized I sent the wrong kids away. Landon is good at entertaining himself. But. Presley. Man. She suction cupped herself to my thigh. The. Entire. Day. Long. And has continued to do so every day since. My new little shadow. I'm trying to embrace it because I know that in three years she'll be climbing on the bus with the rest of them.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

Dang, they look so grown up!!! Such cuties!!!!!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.