Friday, September 10, 2010

Terrible Two's Aren't That Terrible.......Yet

My baby is officially two. Her birthday happened to fall on the same day the BYU Cougars opened their season. Meaning that the party was actually cupcakes at half-time. Didn't matter to her. She was handed a cupcake without being strapped down in a high chair and stripped to her nakeds. And she loved it.

Because Shawn video taped her blowing out her candles, that is the only still photo I have. Sadly it's not that great. So I'll continue this post. For the sake of Grandmas.
The thing that can't be conveyed via blog is this little chubs personality. She is full of it. If music starts to play, she wiggles to it. Always. Drops everything to dance. She reminds me of those Santas at Christmas where you push a button and they wiggle their hips side to side. Sometimes she shakes her bum and says "shake your booty". It just depends on the song. At church she leads the music instead of wiggling. Maybe she'll have some sort of musical career?
Here she is ready for church. She's mid-twist so it's kind of blurry.

She's still young enough to let me decide how her hair is done. I'm just waiting for the day she changes her mind. Hopefully later rather than sooner.
She's found a new love. The water/ice dispenser on our fridge. Thank goodness for child lock functions. If I catch her soon enough.

She was angry that I locked it before the ice shot out into her hand so she's telling me what she thinks of me. Lovely.

Presley is every one's favorite. How could she not be? Most of the time she is a very easy going girl. Of course, all the other kids always give in to her every whim. We'll see if that continues. I'm already seeing some wavering of stubbornness in this little person. Not too surprising. I am finding that when she gets upset and starts to throw a tantrum, or shows extreme stubbornness, that I just laugh. It's so funny to me to see personality coming through. It's probably the fact that she's my fifth. Or. The fact that usually when my baby is this age another baby is about to replace it. So. I just laugh. And enjoy all the funny things she does and says.
Her catch phrase this week is "check this out!" while she's doing some kind of trick, like holding her foot in the air, or sticking out her belly. Last night Shawn put her in bed. After he shut the door she started yelling, "Jayne? Where are you?". Hilarious. I could go on and on with the things she says. (I probably should so I don't forget). We love you little miss Presley. Oh. So. Much.

7 comments:

Lyndsey said...

first, i am IN LOVE with pres...how could you not be? and lily needs her closer. those two could wreck havic together! also, when did your other kids get so OLD? and kennedy is a mini you. preteen and all...do you remember you in the 4th grade going on college in your brain. like mother, like daughter. darling kids, just darling

rebecca said...

Hahahah:) I"m still laughing at the "Jayne, where are you?" Happy birthday little Miss Presley;) You are a beauty!!!

Pattie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRESTON...wow Jayne 2yrs old already..she is cute as a button arent you glad she decided too came,,,,how are you guys...

Pattie said...

SO SORRY JAYNE..I MEANT PRESELY I CAN EVEN SPELL IT..jOY..

Anonymous said...

Wow your baby is two? What happened? She is adorable. Best age for cutness.

Us Lochers said...

She's growing up so fast! eek! What a cutie though.

Nicole said...

I LOVE when little kids call their parents by their first names. For some reason there's nothing funnier.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.