I know I have a bazillion blogs to type up. Ones with pictures and various items to remember this summer. To prove that we've actually done something besides sweat in the humid conditions. But. Not today. I'm too tired. Or lazy. Take your pick. I do, however, have some things on my mind. This man I'm married to. The tall one with blond (now brown) hair. And blue eyes. A few weeks ago I was really on his case. It might have had something to do with hormones. Regardless. I was all up in his face probably making him feel worthless. (I know. Shocking that I'm not always the perfect wife.) It was a Saturday and I'd just thrown another little tantrum his direction. Then I left with Kennedy to go visit a friend in the hospital that had just birthed her first baby girl. I found the maternity ward. To enter you have to pick up a phone and state your name and the name of the person you are visiting. "My name is Jayne Crook and I'm here to visit so and so". Then they let me in. As I walked in the door there were 3 nurses behind the counter all with ginormous cheeky grins. One said in a cooey voice, "Are you Dr. Crook's wife?!" Her question made it sound like she thought I was the luckiest woman on earth to be married to him. "Yes. I am". For the next 5 minutes I stood and listened to every possible compliment one can make. They were so complimentary I was starting to blush. I was finally freed to go visit my friend. The last comment made was "I love your husband!!" Hmmmm. Maybe she wanted to go make him dinner then? After a bit of holding my friends adorable baby girl, one of the nurses entered the room. She asked my friend a few questions and then turned to me. "When I said I loved your husband, I realize that it could have been taken the wrong way. I just mean......." Another 5 minutes spent hearing how perfect of a man Shawn is. Interesting. I admit that I left feeling like a total heel. These 3 women can go on forever about how amazing of a person he is and I spent the last 15 minutes I saw him letting him know all of his irritating qualities? If I were him I'd rather be at work!
Then today. Church. I'm in the hallway. A sister in the ward came up to me with tears in her eyes and handed me a wrapped package and a card labeled "Brother Crook". She told me how grateful she was that he was there for her procedure this week. She was at total peace knowing he was at her bedside. The package was just some cookies she made. She said they were for me for allowing him to be at work with her instead of being at home.
All these women in love with my husband. (Those are just the few I've mentioned. There are more.) It makes me think. About how I treat him. About how I see him. I obviously take him for granted. A little dose of those nurses now and again might help with that. Today I'm happy that I'm married to a man that everyone loves. Including myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
7 comments:
I love your total honesty. If there is a woman out there who hasn't taken her husband forgranted, I want to know who she is!
It seems that I've had my own husband's value shown to me many times by stories shared with other women. You know, they relate something that their husband does or a problem they have and I think to myself, "I could NEVER deal with that." And, then I remember that I don't have to.
We are so blessed to have such great guys.
Good post--we all need to be reminded how awesome our husbands are, even if they aren't perfect.
Ditto to Natalie!
It's a good reminder. Thanks!
Why did this make my eyes start watering up? I loved this, I'm glad you passed along the experience.
I must have a pretty AWESOME brother! I think he is pretty great too, but I didn't have to grow up with him, ;)
This is a very cool post. Glad I found your blog and can see how you guys are doing!
Post a Comment