Sunday, August 22, 2010

Kennedy's Day....

Kennedy turned 9 on the 4th of August. 9! How the heck did she get so old? And why in the WORLD would I agree to a slumber party as a way to celebrate this occasion?! Glutton for punishment.
The party started at 7. We decorated individual cakes per Kennedy's request. A hit as always. She even consented to allowing the boys to decorate their own. So long as they sat at the table far away from her friends.



After an extreme sugar rush, we sent them outside where we lit a campfire and roasted marshmallows for s'mores. (s'more sugar that is. I obviously didn't think any of this through)

At 10 my boys and Presley were in bed. I put the girls in the theater room with the doors shut thinking they'd stay there. At midnight I went down to stop "hide and seek" taking place everywhere but the theater room. At one o'clock I stopped a squealy pillow fight. At two o'clock I suggested a movie and didn't hear them until 3:30 when they needed a snack in the kitchen. None of them were as quiet as a mouse. I finally told them that they needed to lay down and turn off the lights. Another 30 minutes of squealing, and then silence. A great group of girls. But much more enjoyable during the daylight hours where sounds and laughter are more fun to hear.

L to R: Anya, Hailey, McKaylen, Kennedy, Kailey, Jenna, Presley

1 comment:

K.E.N said...

Wow, what an awesome mom you are! I wish I could have had that much sugar at a party when I was 9.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.