It has almost been one entire week since I ordered the electronics ban in my home until noon every day. Wow. How life can change in such a short time.
Day 1 found us cleaning the house, visiting the library, starting our very own summer reading program, and a short trip to Walmart.
Day 2 I was a little worried. Shawn had been at work all night fighting the full moon (which sends women of all kinds into labor) so he was still in bed. And I had a meeting for girl's camp. From 9-12. I almost caved and let them watch tv. But since it was only day 2 I knew it would backfire. So I didn't concede. When I returned home my entire upstairs living area was turned into fort-mania. All 5 little bugs were huddled down deep with library books. Fantastic.
Day 3 was easy. Church until noon.
I'll spare you the day by day plays for the rest of the week. But today. Today was a small glorious motherhood breakthrough. After lunch it was 12:15. Ethan snuck quickly downstairs to play wii. But. Kennedy, Jackson, and Landon were so engrossed in a made up game of "puppy" that quitting to sit around sounded absurd.
I would be lying if I said my kids no longer fight or push each others buttons (or mine). But. Now they know I mean business. Squabbles at the pool result in poolside time-outs. For both parties. Even if the one crying wasn't the cause. 2nd time it's poolside for the duration of our stay. And I intend to stay until I have made a strong case. (Shawn helped prod that along) Lovely. Today a small squabble broke out while I was preparing lunch. I handed a swiffer duster to Landon and Jackson, and armed Ethan and Kennedy with clorox wipes. Baseboards, door handles, and anything that needed to be wiped or dusted is now sparkly fresh.
Summer is officially as it should be. (Though now that I've written about it I've probably jinxed myself and it will all break loose tomorrow......)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
5 comments:
Love the previous post and this one. GO YOU!! So far we haven't had to deal with this kind of stuff, but I have a feeling that it's right around the corner...
Good job mom. Way to take care of my so freaking annoying siblings. The last part is untrue though, because I don't want more punishment.
Simply amazing. I knocked on wood for you, so you won't be jinxed.
Way to go! Those are all really good ideas. I may have to adopt this electronics ban.
Sounds like you need a mini vacay to Minnesota.
Post a Comment