Friday, July 3, 2009

Exploration...

The kids and I decided on Wednesday that we needed to get out of the house. Actually, I decided. Because we don't have any friends yet, they are irritating each other. A lot. And grating on my nerves. I felt the zoo would be a good outlet. And since it's only a mere 45 minutes away how could we not take advantage. Right?We made it in time for the Sea Lion Show. All the kids crowded around up close while Presley and I hung out in the shade. She was a little curious as to what all the hubbub was about. But mostly she just babbled in her cute little voice.

There is a Kid Zone at this Zoo complete with a ginormous tree kids can climb and explore. It's a man-made tree depicting what a tree that old would really look like. The kids had a great time exploring all the crevices.


I predicted hunger would set in just as we set foot in the park. (Have I done this before?) And I was correct in my thinking. These babies were a hit. I'm adding them to my "travel shopping list".

It was a pretty hot day. Not as humid as is typical for July, but still pretty hot. Thank goodness for the "misters" that were set up throughout the park. If the kids stood under them long enough they appeared as though they had just gotten out of the shower. Sweet relief.


While the cool mist spray worked on keeping their outsides cool, icee's the size of their heads worked on their insides.

These kids were troopers. We must have walked at least 3 miles throughout the afternoon. Little to no complaints were heard. Glorious. By the time we got back to the van we were all exhausted. Even the one that didn't even have to get out of the stroller.

The good news? I bought a family pass so we can return whenever we desire. Excellent.

7 comments:

Deb said...

I miss your darling babies! Can't wait until you get here. Looks like you found a haircut place for the boys. So cute!

K.E.N said...

Are those apple bites in individual snack packs? Are those sold by the fruit? They look like they would be glorious for my little food inhaler.

Katherine said...

I miss you guys! I miss Presley's babbling voice. That tree sounds awesome. Sophie was so excited to see pictures of Jackson.

Us Lochers said...

Sounds like fun.... that's another thing we could do while you're here. I have a zoo pass that I think can get a lot of us in!

Natalie said...

Seriously, you took 5 kids to the zoo by yourself...... I am such a wimp! And, you rock!

Danelle said...

Generally, moms tell their children to stay away from strange "misters" in the park who offer them refreshment. I'm glad to hear there's a much more innocent version available.

Water sprayers: good.
Creepy men with candy: bad.

Now I've got it.

Jill said...

I hear you are close to Kansas City, come by any time for a visit seriously!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.