Monday, June 29, 2009
Lists....
Today is Shawn's first day on his new job. He called around lunchtime to tell me that yes, they are feeding him, and they are also slowly easing him in. As in, he gets all the easy cases today. I don't have any idea when to expect him home. But when he does come home he'll be locking himself in the closet to study for boards. Yes. I said the closet. This house is designed so----awkward for a better word. The master closet is the size of a bedroom. So. Shawn set up shop in there complete with a bookcase and a desk. I decided I don't like him studying amidst my clothing. Especially because his clutter tends to leak into my space. But there is no other room. It makes the most sense. For now. As for the rest of us? The boys are trying to save Luigi in "Luigi's Mansion". Kennedy is watching my TV in my room because the upstairs TV isn't hooked up yet. Presley is exploring every nook and cranny and putting most of them in her mouth. And me. I'm tackling my "to do" list. It's quite long. And painful. But the list helps. All week I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off accomplishing nothing. Now that I have my list? I've already crossed off 4 things. And those 4 things didn't involve feeding, changing, and wiping 5 kids, running 4 miles on the treadmill, dishes, or laundry. But all of that also got done. I'm making headway. And I'm starting to feel like I'm living in my house instead of someone else's. (Even though technically it is someone else's).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
3 comments:
You should really add those things to your lists...then it shows a lot more of what you've actually accomplished.
By the way, welcome home.
Good luck! I think I'd better make a list. I'm only accomplishing your non-list items right now.
I know exactly how your family is feeling about being up rooted. My kids are finally feeling like Sweden is there home. Although we don't have our things yet. The boat should be here in about 2 weeks. It has been a long month but I am excieded for the future. Good luck with your new adventure.
Post a Comment