Friday, June 12, 2009
Packin' Up...
This is kind of an unusual moving experience for me. Usually I'm running around like a crazy woman panicked that I'm not going to get it all in boxes before people show up to help load it on the truck. This time though. Different. I'm still stressed. Believe me. I'm stressed. But not about the packing. Because while I'm taking care of this:


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
9 comments:
I am SO. JEALOUS.
We've never had movers. And twice the "ward help" consisted of me and my husband. No worries though....being 8 months pregnant gave me something to rest the couch on ;)
I work for weeks getting everything packed (okay, half of it thrown away) except for "last minute stuff". And I swear it's all those little things that take longer than everything else combined.
GOOD LUCK! Is it rude to say I'm glad it's not me?
Hear, Hear, Jayne,
Let me tell you how I love those professional Movers!!! It was a requirement for the last move. I told Del. I wasn't moving unless the company package included professional movers. Let's hear it for not having to pack yourself!!!:)
I think I might just be insulted. I prefered me and you packing up your kitchen together--but maybe that's just because we actually got to be together. Good luck with everything!
I hear ya!! We move in two weeks, and we have movers, too! Totally the way to go!
I hope your move goes better than ours!! We are never hiring professional movers again. Ever. GOOD LUCK!!!
I see you have some already boxed up stuff. FYI you may want to see if they will guarantee them since they didn't pack it. I have heard that if any damage happens with boxes you packed they won't be held responsible. Our neighbor just did that and then she had the packers go thru and re do it. But I like, NO LOVE the future idea of pro. movers. Sit back and enjoy your lemonade girl.
I didn't even know that was something you could pay someone to do. How does that work when you are still living there? Isn't it weird having someone packing your undies while you are eating dinner?
Ah man, I have to start packing up my house in about 3 weeks. I wish I had your movers...then again, I don't have your 5 kids, so my move may be a little less hectic than yours, naturally.
Good luck with it all. Enjoy the moments.
You're so lucky. We're doing it the old fashioned, complete-exhaustion way. At least this will be our last move. Hopefully!
Post a Comment