Friday, July 17, 2009

Adventuresome......

I made it. All the way to Idaho. 5 kids. 2 days. I did it. We stopped after 700 some odd miles in Cheyenne Wyoming. We swam. I finally got the kids to sleep around 10:30 (11:30 our time) and Kennedy puked. In the bed. I bathed her, covered up the vomit so Jack wouldn't roll in it, and finally got back to sleep around midnight. We made it to Idaho Falls the next evening in time for dinner. It is a looooong way to Grandma's house. Wireless headphones connected to DVD players helped. A lot. And XM radio that played Dr. Laura and the Gayle King Show. Both those women are quite entertaining. For various reasons. Oh. And the Wii. Which we were also able to connect to the DVD player and the wireless headphones. Having all these gadgets for entertainment were helpful. But. The kids still don't want to see the inside of a vehicle for a long time. We were hard pressed yesterday to get them to drive 5 minutes to the park. We are here now. And have a lot of fun-filled days ahead of us. We miss Shawn who is busy studying for boards. And hopefully accomplishing a lot without feeling guilty about neglecting us. Here's to vacation. And enough family around that it makes feeling like a single mom a lot easier.

5 comments:

Pattie said...

You are a brave women,,,I hope you enjoy you visit.. it looks like you are getting some good mileage out your new vehicle

Danelle said...

Where were all those fun gadgets when I was a kid? Do you know how many states' license plates I can recognize at a glance because I was forced to watch the scenery and passing cars? A lot. A few options for travel entertainment would have really been welcomed. Especially for the other people in my car who had to listen to me chatter on and on.

Have tons of fun on your dadless vacation. Poor Shawn.

Lindsay said...

I am glad you made it. I never attemped the drive from Ut to WA by myself with the kids. I don't know if I will ever be able to fly alone with them. I hope you have a great visit with your mom. Tell her hi from me.

Jordan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judaloo said...

You can hook the Wii up in the car?? That could make those long drives soooo much better!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.