Kennedy's final dance recital was quite the event for me. This year she chose to take tap, ballet, and jazz. Dreamy. I watched a few classes throughout the year, and I have to say, the girl has got rhythm. In jazz anyway. My class of choice. I used to be quite the jazz dancer back in my day. Ballet and tap she was sufficient for the class, but in jazz she
stood out from the crowd. I was saddened for this recital because Kennedy has told me numerous times throughout the year she was done. Done. Done. Done. It was probably the fact that all three 30 minute classes were held consecutively on Monday nights. Long enough to bore the pants off a 7 year old. And also the fact that she was one of the oldest and the
very tallest. I had to stifle a chuckle after the first few classes when she complained about her long arms. "Every time we get in a line to do kicks or something my arms always whack the girls next to me in the face. I have to try really hard not to hit them." When I suggested moving back behind the line she replied, "I do. But they just
follow." Maybe next year I can convince her to sign up just for jazz. Only 30 minutes a week. Maybe an hour. Hopefully all my praise of her talent will win me something. Right? She is a beauty. Especially since she was forced to pull her hair back out of her face. She likes to hide those adorable freckles that I can't seem to get enough of.
This is her and her friend ready for her Jazz number.

And while waiting in line to go on stage. Wish I could have been privy to that conversation.
My dream of birthing a dancer might be obliterated completely. At least I have this last year of pictures to prove I put forth a good fight.
6 comments:
She's so cute--and big--and a mini you! What is it about little girls that age and their unwillingness to pull their hair out of their faces? Madeline hardly ever let's me do anything with hers, but I love it when I insist.
She may want revenge NOW, but she will be thrilled to have that photo in 20 years. She is, indeed, a true beauty. I hope she decides to dance again next year.
I have one niece who has freckles, she's almost 11 and still loves them, I hope she always will.
Oh my, Kennedy sure has grown up in her looks. I love this last picture of her with her scattering of freckles. LOVE them.
oh Jayne- she is adorable! She will soon find out that being tall can be a blessing! She looks so much like you -lucky girl! Love keeping up with your family-glad all is well.
she will love dancing whenshe is older, right now she just wants to have fun!
YAY for Kennedy!!
Post a Comment