Saturday, February 28, 2009

Polka Dot Princess....

I realize I might go a tad overboard with the polka-dots. It's not always like this. She just happens to match her bedsheets this particular day. I love her little voice. She doesn't really talk to us, more like yells at us. I'm not surprised. You have to yell to get heard in this house sometimes. I'm enjoying it while I can. I know that the 3 year old yell isn't as entertaining. Right now Presley is almost 6 months old. Time flies. She is getting closer to sitting everyday, but prefers to lay on the floor and roll. She prefers her stomach and almost the minute I lay her down she has rolled that way. She is starting to move a little. She kind of looks like an inch worm, only she never gets anywhere. She lays her upper torso and head down, lifts her bum high in the air, gets almost onto her toes, then switches. Head and torso up, bum down. It's cute. I think she's just experimenting with movement. She doesn't really appear to have a goal in mind that I can see. She does this with toys around her, or without. She also loves the exersaucer. (Thanks Katherine for letting us borrow yours) She weighs 18.2 pounds and most of that is in her thighs. Man. That girl has a lot of rolls. So squishy. We all love it. Her personality is still very laid back. She is one content little girl. She gets mad if she's hungry and I've let it go too long, but other than that she is easy breezy. I'm soaking it up. My best babies have been my hardest toddlers. I'm hoping to buck the trend with this one. She won't have a new baby sibling to take over and uproot her position in the family, so maybe it won't be bad. That said, I should prepare for the worst anyway. Then I won't be disappointed if she holds true to her siblings behavior patterns. Once again I have to say how grateful I am for surprises in life. Presley adds to our family and I wouldn't have it any other way. Could do with having my body back already---she destroyed it----but am still happy she figured out a way to finagle her way down here.

5 comments:

Raquel said...

Very cute. She is going to have alot to say I just know it.

Melanie Chambers said...

Love those sheets...and reading your posts. You have a great way with words. Again, i have to tell you how wonderful your lesson was on Sunday. I really like how you put things.

Matt and Beth said...

Jayne,
You do have a great way with your words. You write very well. It is a gift. I love her name alot! What a cutie. Nice work, you are a great mom!

Emily said...

Just catching up on the Crooks tonight! Congrats on Warrensburg! I am so happy for you! Presley is a doll and I can't believe how BIG the others are! It looks like you aren't having trouhle finding fun in the ville!

Katherine said...

I love Presley!! I hope you guys are having fun in St. Louis! Didn't all your kids crawl before they learned to sit up. Maybe she's just following the tradition of the Crook kiddos. We miss you guys. We'll be out there next week.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.