Would it mean that I'm feeling a little deprived if I find a few m&m's that spilled from my 3 year old's package onto the van floor and when I cleaned them up looked around to make sure nobody was watching then shoveled them into my mouth as fast as I could manage? Hmmm....
Shawn made his debut this weekend. He arrived Friday at around noon. Awesome. The boys wouldn't leave him alone. The older two got home from school at 1 because of early out. I got in the car and went grocery shopping alone. I haven't been really alone for 1 month. I've always got Presley with me. Even in the bathroom. It was nice to be all by myself. Of course Shawn busied himself with a project he's been meaning to get to since we've finished the basement 2 years ago. He put a mantle around the fireplace. I just need to add a few coats of paint and it's beautiful. That meant he wasn't able to be at every one's beck and call all weekend like some people thought he would be. Ethan is the one I'm speaking of. At 4:00 this afternoon Ethan wandered into my room. I was bleary eyed from the 3 hour nap I had just finished (also sleep deprived as well as chocolate deprived). Ethan burst into tears and said "Dad said if I wanted him to play catch with me then I had to help him clean up the mantle mess in the basement. I just want to play! I don't want to help!" I had to go into the whole "Dad is just one person and there are 6 people he needs to please while he's home for a mere 48 hours. Plus helping to try to get the house ready to sell. He's spread too thin. It sucks Ethan. I agree with you. Only a few more months and this will be over. Then he can play catch with you a lot." Ethan responded in his sweet little 9 year old tone "Sometimes a few months is too much to handle Mom". I agree Ethan. I agree. Now Shawn is headed back to the real world, and I am forced to enter it myself. I do have a beautiful new mantle ready to paint. I am refreshed from a great nap and some much needed alone time. And, I got to see Shawn. 48 hours of bliss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
2 comments:
I can understand Ethan's sentiment--it is the same here with Katie. We just keep counting down.
4 more months!!!! Yahoo!!
Post a Comment