Sunday, September 7, 2008

Debut....

This is Presley. She doesn't resemble any of our other babies, but we still think she's a keeper. She was born at 5:17 pm on September 4th. When she finally decided to come, she did so in a timely manner. Thank you Presley. She was 9 pounds, 3 ounces. She is second in size of our line-up. (Nobody can out-weigh Jack.) So far Presley is a really good baby. She doesn't really cry. She lets out a loud squawk if her diaper needs to be changed or if she's hungry, but she doesn't feel it necessary to burden us with drama. She could, however, help us all out if sleep became a necessity during the dark hours. Last night she preferred to be cuddled. I like to cuddle too, but I'm much nicer if there is sleep involved at some point. She'll eventually figure it out and life will resume. Hopefully. We are all grateful that Presley made it her mission to get down to earth and live in our family. Welcome baby girl. We all love you more than we ever thought possible

48 comments:

Tif Sweeney said...

Presley is gorgeous!! Congratulations to you and the rest of the family!!

Judaloo said...

Oh, Jayne! Aren't you so glad she came to live with YOU?! She is beautiful. Congrats, Mama. You did good work.

Pattie said...

Oh how sweet Congratualtions...

Lisa said...

She's beautiful Jayne! What a sweet baby. I hope you're feeling ok.

Nicole said...

Congratulations! She's adorable! :) Enjoy and I hope sleep comes soon!

Raquel said...

Jayne! I love her. Oh No!
I 2nd that she doesn't look like your others, what happened. You babes are cookie cutters. Oh I can just smell that baby sent. Soak it in. But eh "9lbs" You go girl. Many hugs and congrats.

Anonymous said...

She is a doll! I can't believe she was a nine pounder she looks so tiny. I really wish I could hold her. Can I come and visit? Just kidding! just keep posing pictures of that cutie.

Always Amy said...

She is so sweet. I love her chubby cheeks. So good for kissin. It almost makes me want to have another one sooner...but then I read about the no sleep and I change my mind. It is so hard. Hang in there and kiss her cheeks some for me.

DeGooyer Family said...

Jayne, she is so precious!!! A beauty, too. =) Hope you are surviving with 5 kids! =) Please let me know when you need help.

Nashelle said...

She certainly is a keeper! What a cutie! Congrats, Jayne!

Abby said...

WOW, JAYNE!!! Congrats! She's a-DORABLE! I'm excited to see pictures as she gets older! It's going to be interesting to see who she looks like as she changes!

The Wilkins' said...

She's SO beautiful Jayne! I love how excited you are about your "surprise" baby! I'm sure your kids are enjoying having a baby in your home.

Becca said...

I could just eat her up! She is absolutely perfect and beyond beautiful. Looking at her makes me think I might want another one just to see have a face like that around all the time. On second thought, aybe you can just move closer to me so I can get my fix....
Congrats and good luck straightening out night and day! I hope Presley figures it out soon.

tamikay said...

She's absolutely gorgeous!!! I am glad everything went well.

Chantel said...

She is SO cute!! Are you sure you want to keep her? I think she would fit in nice at the Labrum house. Congratulations!!

Jill said...

She is beautiful congrats!

Charmayne said...

Oh she is darling!!! I think Presley looks like you Jayne. Glad she came quickly for you. Hope you are doing well Jayne. What a sweet lil' angel you guys have added to your family. Congrats.

Mike and Bette Lang said...

Jayne,

Congratulations on your newest addition! Wow--FIVE? So far only Lindsay and Brandon have even braved three!

Tell your family hi from Moses Lake.

Bette

Susan said...

Jayne--She is beautiful. I hope you are recovering well. Aren't babies the greatest surprises in the world!

rebecca said...

I just want to reach through the computer and grab her and give her tons of kisses!!! She is beautiful! Congratulations on getting that sweet 9 lb.+ bundle of joy into this world :)

Laci said...

She is absolutely beautiful, Jayne! Congratulations!

Us Lochers said...

She's beautiful. I can't wait to see her in person. Is she a blondie? She doesn't look as dark as all the other babies, and what a cute button nose.

Lflinders said...

Jayne, She is beautiful! I bet Kennedy is just loving her..along with the rest of them

Lyndsey said...

i am already in love. that must be crook hair color. she is perfect

Anonymous said...

Dear Jayne, I had been checking every day. I love the name, her eyes, everything! Congratulations. I hope you get some sleep soon. I know how I feel right after elated and then exhausted. Love you. Beckie

Melissa said...

She is precious! I am just so happy for you!

Laurissa said...

Congratulations Jayne and Shawn! She is beautiful. I love her delicate features. You took some very nice pictures. Enjoy those fleeting moments of babyhood, they've to to really fly by with #5!

Tisha said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congrats!

Rebecca S said...

What a cutie Jayne! Congratulations! Hope you're feeling well :)

luke & misty meldrum family said...

Oh she is just beautiful!!!

Ashley said...

I absolutely love that name! One of my favorite little people is named Preslie. Congratulations, she is beautiful. I hope your recovery isn't too bad and you just enjoy her sweetness.

Ann Michelle said...

Hi Jayne,

Congratulations on your new arrival. She is beautiful. I hope both of you are doing well.

Ann Michelle

Rebecca Pierce said...

She's perfect. I never say that word, but it's true, she is. Congrats!

nicole said...

ohh I just don't know what to say that hasn't been said except that it almost makes me think I want just one more...She is such a beautiful gift indeed-congrats to your family!

heidi k said...

Presley is so sweet!! I can't wait to hold her. Congrats!

Deeanna said...

Congratulations...What a beautiful baby girl! We are so happy for you! Maybe one day we'll live close enough so our kids will actually know their cousins by more than just pictures.

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

She is a beauty! Oh those cheekers! Yum! Congratulations to you and your family! Cute name! Does she have a middle name? She really is darling. Thanks for posting. I am glad I decided to stay up and FINALLY catch up on blogs. =) Hope you catch some zzzzzzz's. You amaze me.

Jodie B. said...

She is absolutely precious Jayne. Congratulations!

Mandi said...

Jayne! She is beautiful! Congratulations! You are a great mom!

Audrey said...

She is sooo beautiful. What a fun treat. I like her name too!

trish said...

She is beautiful! Those are some of the most gorgeous newborn pictures I've ever seen! Congrats

The Posse said...

I'm sure you've heard this repeatedly, but I'm just as sure it never gets old-- she's absolutely gorgeous! What a little doll.

Kate said...

She is sooo cute. Just remember the sleep time will come back. Good Luck and Congratulations. Love, Kate & family

valerie said...

Sooo adorable. She is such a sweet little angel!! Congrats!!!

Leanne said...

Congratulations! She is so cute and even at 9 pounds she still looks so little to me. I guess she is!

Anonymous said...

So amazingly different than your other kiddos! How precious is she!?
So happy for you guys! Bet it feels weird to have a little girl again.
Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that I am like comment 4,256! Congrats on the new addition. You guys sure make the cutest kids, you should have 5 or 6 more! She is a doll.

Stephanie said...

Jayne- I am so excited for you! Presley is an angel and her name is gorgeous too! It must be said that I am so glad that you did not leave me hanging with #5 by myself! I miss you and hope all is well.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.