
Shawn loves new babies. Our new babies, that is. The second he has a chance he snatches them up, lays down, and places them on his chest. They kind of stick to him like
Velcro. It isn't long before they are too squirmy to hold like this, or they are simply too big to fit on his torso. I have numerous photos of him in this position with all 5 of our kids. I think they like it as much as he does. Last week my Mom flew back to Idaho after spending a week with us. Her flight was early Saturday morning so we rented a hotel room for Friday night. I was intending to take Kennedy and Presley with us so Shawn could be with just the boys. He told me I needed a night off and sent me
without Presley. Everyone in my family all said "You're leaving
Shawn with the baby?". I was actually relieved to not have to travel with a newborn to uncharted territory. I think he really enjoyed the extra time he was able to spend with her. She is our last and is already wearing 3-6 month clothes. She'll be checking into college next week I'm sure. I'm glad he's capable. And what I don't actually know about won't hurt me. Even if she was only in a diaper when I returned because he sees no need for clothes. "She doesn't know what she 's wearing." He's a great Father. I'm glad he's the Father of my babies.
7 comments:
What a great Daddy! We love to wear our baby on our chests too after they are born.
I am impressed that Shawn kept her overnight! Good job Shawn.
We love this position to and I think it is really for the very reason witnessed in the picture... the holder gets to sleep.
That's a great thing, a good daddy. What fun to go to a hotel with your mom! I've missed you!
I love your new posts. Shawn is an awesome dad and you an superb mom.
Is it weird that your baby just made me miss babies? Mine is like, what...two months older! But there's something about how a newborn lays and cuddles that is so delicious. I can't wait to meet her.
Jayne you are awesome! Just reading over your last few posts makes me miss you so much, your kids and husband are pretty lucky to hang out with you all the time!
Okay, why can't I find any pictures of you on here? Come on woman, no hiding behind the mini family picture! I loved reading your blog. Your babies are gorgeous!
Post a Comment