Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Totally Forgotten....
Shawn used to say, "We could have tons of kids. I just can't handle it when you are pregnant." I took it to mean "You are horribly ornery and I can't stand being around you." After week 2 of throwing up pretty much anything I come in contact with, or at least heaving a lot over the toilet bowl, I've come to discover that isn't what he meant at all. After making my 15th trip to the bathroom one afternoon and climbing back into bed, he let me in on the real reason he didn't like me pregnant. (And I quote) "You do so much for this family that when you are out of commission it's hard for me to function. I just can't be you, and I can't even pretend to be you because you are that good at taking care of us." What a sweet thing for him to say to his wife in such a pathetic state. He brought me home a garbage bag full of Zofran and sea-bands to wear on my wrist pressure points. Unfortunately, neither is making me my normal self. They keep me from sleeping in front of the toilet, but that is pretty much it. How is it I could have blocked from my memory how truly sick I really get? Thanks Shawn for trying to pick up the slack. Only 8 more weeks of being down if this pregnancy stays true to the others. It'll be over before you know it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
15 comments:
Oh...bless your heart, Jayne. I'm so sorry you're so sick!
I will never forget how sick you truly get while you are pregnant. I just wish I could be there to help!
I am sooo sorry you are still so sick! It is horrible! but we are all glad you forgot and had another round, you will be glad in a few months..
I am sorry :( sea bands did jack for me too other than hurt my wrist. So you still haven't spilled the beans on your due date. I am over thinking this, most morning sickness ends at 14 wks, so are you 6 wks?? See over thinking!
This reminds me of a conversation that happened at my house last night. I totally misunderstood what Derek meant and I started to cry. After he explained himself, I felt kind of silly. Isn't it so much better when we never assume the worst?
I am sooo sorry you are soooo sick and it's probably the worst when you need your kids to be at school or need them to be napping and aren't, huh??? I sure wish I was there so I could come kidnap your boys during the day!!!!!
I am so sorry that you have been so sick! And, I was complaining about my horrible 2 months of morning sickness!?! It was nothing compared to what you are going through! I really hope that the next weeks get better for you!
Awe, Jayne, I wish I could take away that sickness...especially not easy with the wonderful load you have. Hey - walking, exercise seems to help alleviate my morning sickness, if you ever get a chance. Praying for ya!! That really was sweet of Shawn.
Can't Shawn prescribe you an "anti-chucking" pill? I know a few of my friends were on medication to help them through those first months... and I know they don't get as sick as you do!
With baby #3 I was told that peppermint tea would help! It really did, with baby#4 I did mint hot chocolate, very, very hot and that did the trick. Give it a whirl, what could be worse?
Yuck! You just brought back memories I thought I had surpressed. Sorry your sick.
Don't forget your advise you gave me. Banana popsicles & my favorite throw up food, Mint Patties.
Oh So sorry you are so sick. That was seriously the sweetest thing for him to say. ..and even sweeter because it is true. Read that whenever you need to. =)
Congrats! You are going to be a mom of FIVE! That is so amazingly over my head! Good for you!
I am so sorry Jayne. I will call you and make you let me help you.
Post a Comment