Friday, January 18, 2008

Honey-do Lists....

I believe I've mentioned before the lack of honey-do-lists in our home due to compliance. Shawn doesn't want lists. He is more than willing to help out when he can, he just prefers to do it at his own pace, on his own time, and without being told he needs to do it. Imagine my surprise at this mornings conversation. I was merely adjusting myself in bed, blurry-eyed and noticing the clock at 5:45 am. Shawn was putting on his coat on his way out the door. He paused briefly and said:

"Will you make me a list of things you want me to accomplish tomorrow so I can get a lot done?"
Me: "What? You want me to make a list of things I'm going to do for you to see?"
Shawn: "No, a list of things you want me to accomplish."
Me: "As in, written down on paper? Things I want done. By you? I'm confused."
Shawn: "Just make a list so I can see what needs to be done, look at it, and then organize my time tomorrow."
Me: "Seriously?"
Shawn: "Bye. I love you." (kind of agitated at my disbelief)

Then he was gone. Where is my husband and who is this list-requesting man I've never known before? Now I need to figure out what to put on that list.......

5 comments:

Kate said...

You better make it a great list there girl, he may not ask again. You should also make sure you put one thing on there that isn't that important, I've come to find out they always want to leave just one thing "undone"... just to stick it to the man (or should I say woman). Good luck with your list.

Rebecca Pierce said...

I love the way you write, it's very entertaining. Chris and I have opposite roles. I want to play and relax on the weekend and in the evenings and he is a slave driver. He'd be insane to dare make me a list, but I always know what he'd want me to be doing. He doesn't stop. Last night, it was 12:30 AM and I finished watching a movie with my girlfriend and he was wiping down all the stainless steel appliances and once he knew it wouldn't bother us, he went to town vaccuuming. This is after a 12 hour work day and takign both of the kids out to dinner and swimming at the Y and putting them both to bed alone. HE DOESN'T STOP! Of course, you are thinking how nice this would be and I am wishing he had to work on Saturdays! :)

Tif Sweeney said...

This is awesome! Take advantage, but I would recommend also slipping in a few fun things too! I always do this for my hubby when he asks me to make him a list of things to do . . . such as play a game, take the family out for a dinner, etc. It always makes him smile and I think I'm very sly! :)

Rischel said...

Ahhh!!!!! Congratulations Jayne!!Happy times, happy times!!

Judaloo said...

If only I could get Ryan to ask for a list! If only...

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.