Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sincerest Apologies....

I find myself needing to apologize. Apologize to my husband for my last post that might have made him seem inadequate as a caregiver. And to the readers that assumed my husband was negligent in his fatherly duties. I discovered today that my toddler is full of mischief regardless of who is left in charge. He will do as he pleases. At 12 noon today I was whipping up the chocolate batter that would soon become Jackson's birthday cake. As customary, I handed one of the beaters to Landon to lick clean while I divided the rest into baking pans. Landon was licking away, and the oven wasn't finished pre-heating so I said to him, "Stay where you are. I'm going to check my email and I'll be back up in one minute to wash you off. Don't move, okay?" I ran downstairs and logged into cyberspace. 2 minutes passed and I decided he was probably ready for a good washing. What I discovered when I returned was this:He obviously finished his beater quicker than anticipated and took it upon himself to re-chocolate the thing with batter from the prepared baking pan. I washed nearly 2 cups of batter off my counter, 1/2 cup off of him, all the while he was in tears. Not because he thought I was angry, but because he wanted to eat all that he'd siphoned onto the counter. Case in point. Shawn is not a neglectful father. I am not a neglectful mother. Landon has a mind of his own.

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

You have such a cute family. Time flies! How is all of your family doing? It was so good to here from you! I am new at this whole blogging thing. I love It! It is so fun to talk to people you have'nt seen in years. Talk to you soon.

Lyndsey said...

he is 2 right???

Audrey said...

I don't think anyone took it that way. I certainly didn't. I just think it's funny that things like that happen and I think that men tend to get more easily frazzled by the whole commotion. They are just designed differently. We have to multi-task to survive and they tend to focus on one task until completion and then move on to the next task.

Anonymous said...

I was really just teasing. I know Shawn is a great dad. Kids do crazy things no matter who is watching them. Sorry! I really was joking.

jayne said...

I just did this post because I thought it ironic Landon does horrible things for me too. Not because I feel like you all think Shawn is horrible. No worries you apologetic gals....

Kate said...

Of course I remember you, how could I forget you. I'm glad to hear you are doing well. We are great here too. I run a daycare in my home so I understand the chaos and my own kids add to it daily. I'm new too and got this site from Lindsay so we'll for sure have to keep in touch. I'll talk to you soon.

Us Lochers said...

This looks oddly familiar! he he

nicole said...

and this sounds like my life with my almost two year old. This morning he insisted on having a whole one of those Costco muffins. "a bidone momma! BIDWONE!( a big one)". Anything to fatten that kid up. Only problem is he didn't eat it all but he did make a huge mess. Anwyway I didn't read the first post so now I will go backwards.

Melissa said...

I love how you always have your camera with you to catch all of these hilarious things. I love your kids!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.