Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Rockin' New Year...

This is Mark & Pam. We convinced them to come visit us for New Year's Eve this year. They have 4 kids, similar in ages to ours, and we all love this family. Our kids think they are cousins because we only see them every year or so. Mark is in the middle of a Radiology Residency. Pam is one of those girls that just "gets" me. She is practically living my same life so I don't have to go into too much detail for her to completely understand most things that I think and say. We go way back to that first deer-caught-in-the-headlights year of medical school when neither of us had any idea what we were really getting into. She was pretty much my sanity those few years. Needless to say, I was thrilled when they consented to stay in our home for 2 nights and ring in 2008 with us. The kids took to each other immediately. They all pretended to remember each other like long lost friends, and it was nice to see.



Ethan and Timothy pretty much stuck to video games.








Luke would join them every so often when Jack was out of tactics to convince him he was the better choice of playmate.






The girls wrote in their diaries, drew pictures, and kept themselves in their own little world most of the time.
And everybody loved baby Elsa.




For our New Years Eve dinner we made homemade pizza. Each of the kids created their own version.



We had every intention to let the kids truly ring in the New Year by staying up until the wee hours of the morning. However, the previous night the children stayed up that late on their own accord. They were pretty crabby and quick to cry, so we decided we'd celebrate a little early.

After our celebration we separated them from each other so sleep would actually occur, and then the adults watched "The Bourne Ultimatum" and stuffed our already full bellies with even more food. We actually made it to midnight. Minus the 1 1/2 hour nap I took during the movie.


It could not have been a better weekend than it was. Thank you Mark & Pam for making the small trek to our neck of the woods. We love you guys! You are welcome in our home anytime!

8 comments:

Abby said...

Ahhhh! I miss those guys! How fun that they would come for New Years!

Erin said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! It cracks me up that the girls hung out together writing in their diaries! How funny!

laura said...

Hey Jayne, I'm Stephanie's sister, Laura Leatham. I went to school with your brother Matt and I was wondering how he is doing?? just a little update please!!!

Laurissa said...

You and Pam look great in that last picture--did you plan the matching shirts? I'm glad you got to get together and enjoy New Years!

Anonymous said...

Oh come on now, that's not fair! Looks like such a fun time and a great way to bring in the New Year. I am sure the kids had a blast!

Tisha said...

What a great way to spend New Year's Eve!

Katherine said...

How fun! It's fun to meet Pam via your blog. I feel like I've heard so much about her.

nicole said...

Yay for you guys! It must have been a partay with you two families.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.