Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Crazy Saturdays....

Shawn had Saturday off. A rare find, so I took full advantage. I left at 9 am to grocery shop all alone. Fabulous beginning to a day. However, all good things must come to an end. As I entered the house toting various walmart sacks, this is what greeted me:Not only did he find Kennedy's purse of lipstick, he ate the tops off of most of them. Kennedy started into hysterics. Then I noticed that the poor boy just must have been hungry. Resorting to his own ingenuity, and discovering lipstick didn't do anything for his palette, he found some stray cereal and poured it into his own "bowl".

At least he used a spoon and didn't attempt to pour any milk. This baby crib was also Kennedy's, so more hysterics. I tried to fix a fun lunch to ease Kennedy's burdens. Instead of regular hot dogs I baked up some mini-corn dogs, a childhood favorite. I think Landon just prefers the hot dog part because I found these littering the ground under his bar stool:
So much for trying something new. Lucky for me I was scheduled to attend a baby shower sans kids in the afternoon. Shawn was once again left in charge. I have to admit I was a little afraid of what I'd find when I returned home the second time around. I cringed a little when I discovered what he'd done to my baby:He shaved him. All of his fuzzy, sticking-up-all-over-the-place hair. It's taking some getting used to. He did save me money on a haircut, vacuum up the remnants of the shave, and bathed the boy. I guess I can't complain too much. Shawn's on-call this coming weekend so there are no exciting surprises to look forward too. At least, I hope there aren't any.

12 comments:

Erin said...

Haha! Hilarious. Poor Kennedy. :)

Tisha said...

Hmmm... I think Shawn's master plan is to make it so you never leave him home alone with he children again :)

Natalie said...

I hope the shower was fun.....was it worth it?
PS-Landon looks darling

rebecca said...

That kid is a cutie no matter what kind of hair he has, but the sticking-up-all-over-the-place style has always been my favorite :)

Anonymous said...

This post had me laughing out loud!That shade looks great on him. Wow, I agree with Tisha. Shawn is pretty ingenious.

Audrey said...

I feel the same way when I leave the house. The kids are usually not looking as your did-granted I only have two of them--but I usually come home to disaster. Derek always says, "Well, you told me to play with them." I guess the multi-tasking gene is not dominant in most men.

Jeff Hamm said...

Man, some of those pics of your kids remind me of little Thomas boys running around the cul-de-sac with me! Sounds like Shawn's schedule works pretty well for keeping your kids the way you like 'em.

DeGooyer Family said...

I agree with Tisha. =) Brett does similar things, I think for the same reason...

Becca said...

I always tend to feel what I thought was guilt when I leave Craig home with the kids for too long. Now I realize, it is not guilt, it is just plain fear for what will happen while I am not there! Thanks for the laugh!

storyteller said...

Oh the woes of motherhood! I feel your pain! How funny it is when it happens to someone else! Thanks for sharing!

nicole said...

Poor Shawn and you-I've had stuff like that happen to me too(being both the person at home and the person coming home) Sometimes I think maybe we just have to remind them that 2 year olds require more frequent "rounding"

Rebecca Pierce said...

Jayne. Believe me, the only thing worse than having a husband who doesn't keep things up quite the way you do is having one who runs circles around you and would literally do my job day in and day out WAY better than I do. When I leave for a day, I come home and the house is clean, yard is landscaped, kids are happy with completed art projects and plenty of stimulation from dad...and they've been to the zoo and painted a rock that says, "I love you mom." Sounds great, right?! WRONG!

A DAY IN THE LIFE

This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.