Tuesday, January 15, 2008
A Change of Plans......
I am a planner. I always have been. I don't do spontaneous. It amazes me when people wake up one morning and decide to pack the car for a vacation. I need to plan in advance. The most unplanned activity I've experienced had to be the week after Christmas when the kids & I took that overnight trip to St. Louis with only 1 day notice. What I failed to mention is that I'd been considering it for months before I actually decided. I am a planner. I like to be organized, which is probably why I plan. I've learned recently that even though you might plan your life the way you'd like it to go, higher ups often times change what you thought was a great plan.
Surprised? Me too. Since we were done having kids and everything. I've absolved this house of anything and everything dealing with baby and/or pregnancy. We still have a crib, but only because Landon sleeps in it. I do have to say that I'm surprisingly okay with this new discovery. I thought getting a positive on this particular test might send me into a fit of rage. Wrong. I'm kind of excited. Weird. I know. But at this point I can either be happy about it or let it ruin my life. I choose to be happy. I am glad I thought Landon was my last baby for so long because I think I was able to enjoy him more. Every late night feeding I treasured knowing I would never have to do it again. Every miserable teething moment was cherished because it was my last and final. It will kind of be fun to have another "last" baby. Let's just think pink or Kennedy might run away from home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A DAY IN THE LIFE
This is a simple little blog about me and my family. Nothing fancy, just experiences that make me who I am. Take it or leave it. I'll still be just me.
48 comments:
i'm hoping you have a boy and a girl. as in twins.
Congrats!!! I am calling you!
Congratulations!Cat's out of the bag. Do the kids know yet? are they excited?
Jayne, congrats. I bet you didn't even know I regularly visit your blog. What exciting news. Kaitlyn was like kennedy. She wanted a girl so bad, lucky for her and me she is getting what she wants (in 4 weeks). Also, I swear my ob is your twin with your same personality, It is actually fun to go to my appointments
Congratulations!!! And good luck to Kennedy on a girl (but I'm sure she'll stick around for another boy!)
Congratulations! You are such an amazing mom that it was meant for you to have another! So, when are you due?
WAHOO!!!! I am SO surprised! Wow! I am happy for you and hope it's a girl. I am sad I won't be here to see her when she's born, sniff sniff.
Jayne, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
WOW!!!! Congratulations! :) We will have to chat soon!!!! I'm thinking pink!
Congrats Jane - How very exciting. I will think pink - 2 girls and 3 boys ~ sounds perfect!!! My sister in-law just turned 40 and oops - they will have a 9 year gap between their boys and this new baby girl when she arrives. Sometimes H.F. really reminds us that he knows the big picture not us. :)
WOW!! Complete and total shock and excitement!! I know exactly how you are feeling since I have had two surprise babies-OK not exactly because I knew I wasn't done before I found out I was pregnant! But, yea you! I hope that you are feeling OK--I will never forget coming over and rescuing Ethan from having crackers thrown at him because you were too sick to do anything else. I don't think I have ever seen someone who gets quite as sick as you do, so I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. It's funny, how exciting a new baby can make everyone--I can't wait to hear more. I'll call you soon!
congratulations! How exciting for you all!
Wow!!! Congratulations!!! I was very confused when I saw that picture at the top of your blog, because I'm not sure how many times I have talked with you about how much you really were enjoying Landon, cuz he was "your last" :) I'll send all my girl thoughts to your tummy so it will be a girl for Kennedy :) I won't be able to help you out clothes wise if it is a girl, though, but if it is a boy, I'll get all my cute boy clothes to you when Keith goes out in April :) They are just sitting in my basement waiting to be given to someone :)
BTW- I love all your "lullabies" you have chosen on your blog :)
Congratulations...I will be thinking pink..
Congrats! What wonderful (and surprising) news!
WOW!!! Congrats, Jayne! I'm so glad you're excited - kinda makes the surprise that much more fun!
I know it's a little bit late, but I'll be sending pink, girlie vibes to you.
No! Are you serious?!? How far along are you? I can't imagine you could keep this secret for long, what a surprise! Well I'm glad you are excited because I am SO excited for you. How great, I'll send girl vibes your way. Although, I think that decision is already made. Couldn't hurt. Congratulations. I'm still in shock.
YAY!!! My kids will have cousins their age! YIPEEE.... (currently jumping up and down!). I'm glad HF had a new plan for you! This will make it all the more fun when you move to Salt Lake!! he he he
Yeah! Another Crook! Congrats. You guys just must be too good of parents, kids up in heaven are lining up to come to the Crook house. Have fun shopping!
Congratulations, Jayne!
JAYNE!!! CONGRATS!! Wow, that got me almost as excited as if it were my news. You are so blessed, I hope you have a great pregnancy(you're a pro by now, right?), and I hope you have a girl too.
Jayne - congrats!! I hope you start to feel better SOON. Let me know if there's anything I can do.
Yea for you!! I am so excited. How fun to have it be a little surprise in your life! We need those every once in a while!!! Mist
Congratulations!!! I've had one of those little surprises in my life too. But without it, we wouldn't have had our boy!! Wahooo, I'm excited for you. You go girl. Talk to you soon.
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and the family--I bet the kids are really excited. I'm hoping for a girl too!
Well Congrats Jayne!! You are such an awesome person, you will have so much fun with another 'last' baby!! Life is sure full of surprises isn't it? We'll have to have a 'cyber' shower for ya, or a Michigan one, not that you don't have a million friends in Kville!! :)
YAY congrats sweetie I am soooo happy for you! I am shocked though I thought Landon was your last as well :) I am thinking pink for you!
If anyone can pull off 5 kids it is you, your such an amazing mom. When are you due?
I am super excited for you and your family! CONGRATULATIONS!
Grandma's # 5 & # 6 were twins!!! Congrats!! Hope Kennedy gets a little sister too!
Congrats Jayne! We're excited for you guys.
Congratulations Jayne! I'll sell you back your swing :)
Holy cow, congrats girly!
Hoooray!!! Congrats! How fun! You are the best mom - what a lucky lil angel on the way! Hope you are feeling ok.
One more congratulations here! Yay for you guys. There is nothing like little surprises to shake life up and make it a little more fun. And there is nothing like having a blessing put into very capable hands to remind us what life is about.
Congrats on the suprise! I am so excited for you!!
What great news!!! Congrats on this discovery. I too am a planner and I relate to everything you said. I'd die without my planner.
Congratulations! Every body likes a suprize now and again.
HOORAY! That is such a blessing Jayne. I can't think of a mommy who deserves it more! :)
How exciting!!!! Congratulaions Jayne!!!!
This is so exciting! Congratulations Jayne!! :-)
Jayne, you and Sean romp around far too much.
Seriously, so HAPPY for you! I'm not sending you pink or blue vibes, just the "let's keep this sucker under 8 lbs. vibe." You know me, ajust looking out for the hoo hoo.
(I sincerely apologize for any offense, I am extremely tired right now...) :)
I've gotten so behind on reading blogs. If I knew you were pregnant I would not have told you I didn't think you sounded so hot on the phone today. I think there are lots of times I sound like a jerk when I am just ignorant. Sorry you're not feeling well. I'd love to help in any way. Congratulations, it is so exciting you're going to have baby #5!! I will give your baby bath back, thanks soooo much for giving it to me, it was a huge helper!
How exciting!!!! I am so happy for you!! You are welcome to anything I have (hopefully not cause you want a girl!!!)
How did I miss this post? I totally saw the birthday and the honey-do...so where was my brain on this announcement? I'm happy for you! What a fun surprise, and goes to show who is really in charge!
Wahoo!!! Congrats, Jayne. Sometimes the best things in life are unplanned and unexpected. Jacie was both and I wouldn't have it any other way!
man, I knew I would miss big news since I haven't been blogging lately! Congratulations!! I'm sorry you are feeling so sick--I can't even imagine being down and out with my own four children!! You ARE the woman!!!
Congratulations Jayne!!!
Post a Comment